Interchangeable parts

yea i shoulda been more specific lol sorry, i guess bumpers and grill inserts. Trying to mod up the family ride a little but dont want to but stuff that doesnt fit and everyone on here seems to only have a ms6(which i want as well). thanks

Yeah weve got some ms6 hopefuls out here too.. I think the only thing that won't work is the rear end?? Mostly cuz of the exhaust.. Other than that they should be interchangeable.. But, remember the ms6 is made in japan and the reg6 are mostly made in us/Canada.. So there may be some little issues..

If you want to do grill etc you will need the hood, fenders, bumper n side skirts for a MS6. They are unique to the car n u cant change one without the others. There is a silver wagon that's done the swap n looks nice.

The front bumper is different because of the grill, so both those parts won't fit. Also, the hood is raised (for the inercooler) and because I think the engine bay is a bit bigger I believe the hood is not interchangeable. Rear bumper won't work either.

Not 100% about the fenders or side skirts.

well if anyone in the va area want to swap stuff around one day to find out 100% to all these questions i'd be more then happy to find out. :cool:

the ms6 front and regular 6 front are not the same and are not easily interchangeable. because of how the ms6 hood and grille are if you wanted to swap to it you would have to also do the fenders and side skirts like mglavina said.

the taillights, side markers, and rear bumper can be swapped though but with the rear bumper you'll have to make sure your exhaust lines up.

i've personally seen a regular 6 with an ms6 rear bumper so i know it fits. he does have an aftermarket exhaust.

So you can swap 03-06 Mazda6/03-06 MS6 tails headlights no problem?
This has actually been confirmed right?

Last edited:
if you swapped the headlights from a regular mazda6 to the ms6 you'd be dumb

I wanted to make sure what exactly was interchangeable.
A friend of mine found a set of tails that fit the regular Maz6. I want to make sure the 06 6 tails and the 06 MS6 have the same fitment.
As for headlights...NO WAY would I swap those out!

What i know from research and having to buy all the ms6 front end parts, it is NOT directly interchangable. To begin with, the bumper reinforcement is bigger on the ms6 than it is the m6. Secondly, to have the ms6 bigger hood, you need the ms6 fenders as well. Im sure the m6 front bumper would fit with these parts, but it would look way off. The only interchangable parts are the headlights, the only difference is the HID and non HID, and the radiator core support, all the rest of the front end stuff would have to get changed. All that stuff is pretty pricey and super hard to find other than the dealer, which charges an arm and a leg. Hope this helps.

Yes, the tails are interchangable.

Back