Replacing Front Turn Signals on MS3

J-Speed Inc.

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3
I got some chrome-dipped front turn signal bulbs I am trying to install but having difficulty gaining access to the factory bulb location. Anyone done this? I looked in the owner's manual, all it says is to bring it to the dealer, ha!

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Two options. Either take off the bumper and undo the lights (easier but more time consuming), or go up through the fender liner. The latter might cut up your hand/wrists, but it's the fastest way. It takes a little finesse and patience. I was able to do it a couple months back.

If you have the Sport, you should be able to swap them out from the engine bay since it's just halogen, but if you have HIDs, you'll have to do one of the two options since there is no clearance behind the bulb.

Here is a previous thread with others discussing the same thing:

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123752930&highlight=fender+liner+bulb

Last edited:
You pretty much have to take the front fascia (aka bumper) off the car to get to the HIDs and bulbs in the housing. I've taken mine off about five times in as many weeks. It's super easy...

I've done it both ways and going through the fender liner was more frustrating (and wound up taking longer) so I just take the fascia off now.

richierichness, I like your idea of using long needle-nose pliers, I'll have to try that. If that doesn't work, I'll get at the light bulb by going through the fender liner.

Installed the new chrome bulbs for my front turn signals yesterday. Ended up taking off the front wheels and accessing the bulbs by reaching up through the fender liner and turning the bulb sockets counter-clockwise. Scraped my arms up a little but not bad overall.

Back