Need help I have a 3rd gear click...gear or shift fork? or am I completely off...

Becca19MSP

:
Mazda, Mazdaspeed Protege
Ok so my baby has a trans issue... everytime I shift into 3rd gear and the second I release the clutch the trans does nothing but click (violently) and it gets louder as you go faster and it doesnt ever slip out of the gear but does nothing but click and I need to fix her so I would love the advice and/or info of what I should do without wasting thousands of dollars I dont have...

Also if anyone knows anyone with a gtx 3rd gear set please send them my way or vice versa cause I'd much rather go that route than par...
thank you everyone

Got my baby back from the shop and upgraded to gtx 3rd and 5th and 3 seals no more 3rd gear click no more problems so far...

Took it out again last night and I did say so far... :'( ... they put the wrong gears in because my 4th gear ratio is completely wrong now. It almost feels like im downshifting when I shift from 3rd to 4th. For example if I shift 3rd to 4th at 3.5k rpms when I release the clutch in 4th the needle only drops to 3k rpms... definitely not good...

are you sure that's wrong? with the GTX 3rd I think its longer, so you're closer to 4th. what is the RPM differential between 4th and 5th?

3rd is the same on the msp and gtx 1.31 5th changes and makes it longer so it wouldnt make a 9mph difference in 4th gear if they put in the correct gtx gears considering they decided to not order them from pg like we suggested and ordered them from mazda and part numbers dont match gtx gears...

Back