PIA/Cobb Tuning give the full STI swap treatment to Subaru Forester

coolmazda5

Contributor
:
2008 Mazda5 5MT Sport w/ Popular Package
forrester_to_sti.jpg

Pacific Import Auto (PIA) came across a Subaru Impreza WRX STi that had been removed from service by a telephone pole. With a new Subaru Forester at their disposal the Pacific Northwest tuning shop decided to marry the two, throw in a generous number of Cobb parts, and the result is a mean white wagon with 295 horsepower and 325 ft-lb. of torque at the wheels. For comparison, a 2010 Forrester's engine is rated at 224 horses.

The man behind the project said he wanted "a nice looking car, something that nobody else had," so little has changed outside. Underneath, in addition to the beating-again heart of the STi, Cobb contributed a downpipe, front and rear sway bars, and AccessPort ECU remapper. In back, an SPT exhaust is responsible for that deep down sound. Follow the jump to watch the video story.

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/hN4LgbPsMgI%2Em4v" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="300" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>​

[StreetFire via Autoblog]

that doesn't look half bad.

I don't care much for the new fozzie compared to my '04, but this I like.

The PIA dude made it sound like it was not such a crazy swap like the "MAZDASPEED5" was. Many things, like the wiring, were almost 1-to-1, so not bad

And yeah, that car looks damn hot, very sport wagon-like and not ricy at all...

I was always told that engine swaps in Subies were horrible to do. Especially JDM engines into a USDM vehicle. The wiring harness is completely different so it takes hours on hours to rewire.

I would to swap a STi drivetrain into a 00-04 Legacy. I guess the 2.5T in the Baja Sport would be an easier swap.

I was always told that engine swaps in Subies were horrible to do. Especially JDM engines into a USDM vehicle. The wiring harness is completely different so it takes hours on hours to rewire.

I would to swap a STi drivetrain into a 00-04 Legacy. I guess the 2.5T in the Baja Sport would be an easier swap.

rewatch the video Mikey...the guy said transplanting the STI into an older legacy/forester would be difficult due to the massive differences in wiring, but it was pretty much plug and play in the current model year

Back