Engine build or buy used?

nopistons3

:
down to nothing now
Ok I need to get my protege going again. Its got 2 holes in the block so obviously need a new block. The rest of the car is perfect. no problems what so ever. Is it best to buy a forged block online and piece the engine back together or is it best to buy a used complete engine? Obviously gonna spend anywhere between 2g and 3g maybe more.

If you want to stay stock, just buy a used engine that's already together. Otherwise, if you want to go forged, do it yourself and save a good amount of money.. buy the pistons, rods, bearings, etc. and another block, find a good machine shop, and have them do it. Mine cost around $1900 (with labor) to go forged. For honing/boring the block, assembly, reassembly, balancing, etc. the machine shop charged me around $650. When I got the engine back, it was ready to install.

Only in Georgia will you find a chik like this, that was awsome.

She was totally right and did it her self!!!

YES!! LOVE THOSE GEORGIA PEACHES!!!

Where is a good place to find a used engine? Anyone have any experience with any places online or should I just search locally? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (burnout)

alljapenseengines.biz Just bout a engine there good price 600 shipped install was clean and even came with a 626 intake manifold.

Back