VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sliding Door Lock Actuator Replacement

Registered Member

2008 Mazda5 Touring

You have to change 'Thread Display Options' at the bottom of the sub-forum pages. Gives you options to go back days, weeks, months, year, beginning, etc. Once you choose this, you get pages back. I'm not sure if this something that can be saved with your account settings?
    Aaron

Registered Member

2008 Mazda5 Touring

Window track? The door lock actuator is not inside the door with the window. Are you trying to replace the window regulator?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member Silentnoise713's Avatar

2008 Mazda5 Grand Touring; 2009 Honda Fit Sport/Nav MT

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Side note, have you tried moving the window up/down to see if it'll free up some access space?

2009 Mazda5 GT

I have a rattle in both doors in that area. The only two rattles in the car actually. I was wondering if you guys have addressed rattles in that area while you had that handle and cover off.

The sharkfin is in

It's all explained here http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...or-Replacement

you shouldn't need to mess with the window at all I used this as my guide and it was pretty easy to do. I did the drivers door a couple of years ago and now need to do the passenger door.
    Mods
    ------------
    Sharkfin Antenna
    Custom 8" sub enclosure
    HID's

Registered Member

2008 Mazda5 Touring

I'd assume this person would realize this since they were posting in the thread you just linked to..?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

The sharkfin is in

I realizes that but if they are talking about window track getting in the way, they didn't read the beginning of the thread as the instructions are clear and don't involve anything in the way of the window or it's track.

Registered Member

2008 Mazda5 Touring

I gottcha, guess I was giving them the benefit of the doubt because it seemed obvious to me.

Registered Member

I'm planning to change my actuators. Or actually I tried, following these instructions, but when I got to the point where I should pull the plastic door panel out, I just wasn't sure how it can be done without breaking anything. It flexes so much without coming off that I'm afraid I'll snap those plastic clips if I pull too hard.

Any advice? If I could see where the clips are, I could perhaps reach in and pull near them with my hand or something...

Registered Member

2008 Mazda5 Touring

I have always started at the bottom corner and worked my way along it then the sides. Look at post 2 and you'll see the back side where the clips are located. Rarely (if ever?) have I broken any, but even if you do, they have them apart of a HELP! you can get at any auto parts store for cheap.

Registered Member

Mazda5

The clips holding the plastic door panel are pretty sturdy. Just make sure you don't apply any lateral force, pull straight back. Don't be afraid to yank.

The sharkfin is in

Quote Originally Posted by Northern View Post
    I'm planning to change my actuators. Or actually I tried, following these instructions, but when I got to the point where I should pull the plastic door panel out, I just wasn't sure how it can be done without breaking anything. It flexes so much without coming off that I'm afraid I'll snap those plastic clips if I pull too hard.

Any advice? If I could see where the clips are, I could perhaps reach in and pull near them with my hand or something...
    The only trick to pulling is to find where the clips are located and pull at that point. I've found that a quick sharp pull works best, even then I've found that the clips stay in the body panel and don't come out with the trim piece. afterwords I just pull the clips out with a pair of needle nose pliers.

'06 Mazda5, '02 WRX wagon, 04 LR Disco, 93 Civic

Thank you for posting this. Gonna have to do it soon.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by was98strat View Post
    FYI if you have the factory alarm, the part numbers listed above are inccorrect.

they should be:
    C24572350 - Passenger Side Actuator
    C24573350 - Driver Side Actuator
    Don't all US versions have the alarm? I need to do this repair and I'm trying to make sure I've got the right part number. 2006 Sport US version.

Registered Member

Mazda5

My '06 Sport didn't have an alarm. I have the immobilizer, a panic button on the remote, and a blinking light on the dash that pretended I had an alarm.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast