Winter Tires

I just got the altimax artics in 205/60/16 cant wait to see how they do this winter. What psi are you guys running in yours.

Last edited:
I work at a tire shop where i live in northeastern PA and i have to say hands down the best selling winter tire we have is the firestone winterforce they have been around for 5 yrs or so now and i just bought an 06 3 and i put those on to drive 3hrs to college up in NY where it snows like no ones buisness and they work amazing i got mine in a 205/55/16 for around 95 $

-cam-

I ran General Altimax Arctics on my Honda Civic. They're great in the snow on a FWD car. Keep in mind their Q speed rating (99mph) may not meet the minimum recommended by mazda (H) for a 205/55R16 mazda3 tire (though that's for 2010 my, dunno about earlier). I'm running the new Hankook W310 Winter i*cept evo 205/55R16s (91H) on some 16"x7" alloy wheels, so far I'm very impressed with how well they do in the snow and ice, while still maintaining good dry handling. Consumer reports likes them, too, but best of all, they weren't too pricey ($94/ea) in my area, once I got the tire retailer bidding against tiremonkey.com, anyway.

the way i look at, i have absolutely no need to do 100 (let alone on winter tires) so who cares if the speed rating is only 99 on the altimax arctics hahaha

Back