Unlock twice and hold = windows rolled down

amillman2

:
Mazdaspeed6
so, i walked out to my car this morning in utter disbelief that all my windows had been shatterd out.. there was no glass anywhere and when i got to my car nothing was missing.. i was very confused.. i then realized that if you unlock the car then hold the unlock button on the key it rolls down all four windows. so my cars windows were down all night.. i just thought id let all you know so you dont make the same mistake as me and something bad by chance happens to your car.. i would recommend not sitting down with your keys in you back pocket if your car is close enough for the lock/unlock buttons to work. Just wanted to look out for all the fellow MS6er's.

If all your windows had been shattered there would have been glass everywhere?? haha jk bro..

I have done things like this too. It happens to everyone. Glad you didn't have anything stolen..

I was sitting on the couch at my girlfriend's place once and I was wondering who the hell was randomly beeping a car horn outside. Every time I got up to look out the window, the beeping stopped, and every time I sat down, it started again. It took me a few minutes to realize that my key card was in my back pocket and it was my ass that was beeping my own horn.

-Jay

oh ok.. i had no idea there was a TSB.. ill do some research thanks. and thats horrible that it rained.. glad the AP was alright and hopefully nothing smells like mold/mildew.

That TSB is really old, and the "fix" is exactly what you just did...if you press unlock twice (holding it the second time), the windows roll down. Definitely the dealer should have shown you this.

On a similar note, how useless is the "window lock" in this car? It disables every switch, including the driver's. Every other car I've had with a window lock feature still allowed control from the driver's position. I thought the intent of the lock was to allow the driver to control them but to keep your kids from rolling them up and down (in my case with their toes from a very young age, because my children apparently have monkey DNA).

my cars window lock disables all windows from every control except the drivers window i can still open and close that with window lock on.. the little red LED's light up in the switches that are still active.. its really cool.. i love this feature of the car.

Does this work with the smart key?? When I insert the manual key into the keyhole on the drivers door the windows will go down. But when I hold unlock on the smartkey they don't do anything.

you have to fully unlock all 4 doors before it will work on my car. so press it twice to unlock all doors the press it again and hold it for a couple seconds.. 10 seconds max. but i dont know for sure about the smartkey.

Yes, I can still control the driver's window from the driver's position with the lock on, but I can't control any other window from the driver's position. To me this is pointless.

I used the window lock when i got tints so one one could accidentally roll down the windows.. or when im shofering (not sure how to spell it) around drunk friends i lock the windows so they cant roll them down and scream stupid s*** at people.. or cops.. very useful for me : ) lol

err then again, then they cant roll down the windows in time to puke... :(
ewwww....

oh yall know about the global window roll-UP feature?
First week of ownership i read the owners manual front to back a few times, lol kept finding new featuers i'd missed.

Doesnt work from the smartkey, but the exterior "request buttons". Once locked, and you forgot to close windows, just hold down one of the request buttons until all the windows start rolling up: hold until they are finished rolled up... or release if you wanna leave a crack in the hot summers.

found i needed this a lot, always forgetting windows down in the summer, haha.

I've found it a generally good thing to take a few minutes and read the little owners manual that comes with your car at least once to know what features your car has. If you rely on the dealer to tell you everything about your car, you're already in trouble. Mazda even includes a little "Quick Start" guide to help you out as well.

Back