3m carbon fiber wrap...

Looks a little too matte of a finish to be using on horizontal exterior area. Doesn't look treated and that sun is going to tear it up! If you're going to wrap your DGM lip in it, I'd suggest painting it black first (if it's not already), so when you get rock chips in it, they'll be harder to see. Good luck! Keep us posted!

dang it looks very good.... i'm still wondering what it looks like with a few coats of clear over it.... if i do this to any exterior parts i wanna shoot some clear over it so i can treat it like paint

So I talked to a vendor of the dry cf wrap and said putting a clear coat would work great and wouldn't be a problem. He said it also loves bondo

Last edited:
So I talked to a vendor of the dry cf wrap and said putting a clear coat would work great and wouldn't be a problem. He said it also loves bondo

This is great news. I also seen this 3M di-noc on eBay for substantially cheaper from one seller. I might order a sample from eBay and cover my spare gas cover and have a friend clear it to see how it turns out.

got some interior and exterior things done...doing my hood next

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

Haven't got any for the lip yet, but was able to cover the cup holder part with the sample..sorry for the picture its from my phone.
1261513828677.jpg

1261513829532.jpg

Last edited:
It was super easy to apply and stretch. I just used a hair dryer to heat it up so that adhesive would work up so it would stick to the cup holder and work around the bump on the lid, it looks awesome just like cf. It was super easy to work with. I ordered some to do my A-pillars and the rest around the shifter so I'll be taking more pictures. I'll make sure to take them without my phone

make sure not to stretch too much...if you can keep it to a minimum it'll help keep the lines straight...

make sure not to stretch too much...if you can keep it to a minimum it'll help keep the lines straight...

Yeah I know I was trying to play with it as much as I could and see what it could do, but good point very true.

Back