Corksport DP question

yeah i'll just get it first and wait for dp. i'm going to delete the resonator, i heard it really deepens our exhaust sound on 2nd gen.

Get a TMIC or inlet pipe then. The TMIC will net you around 20whp and is a 15 minute install. You could also get a midpipe. The CS DP is a shorty unlike most DP's which means it doesn't replace the midpipe like the ATP / CPE.

inlet will net you a hole in your pocket and vitually no gains.

id suggest spending that money on something thats going to produce gains. inlet is a complementary mod. something that should be bought once the car is close to fully modded

There are all sorts of designs available for downpipes out there. There were several factors that went into us choosing to go with the divorced design over others like clearance with other parts (alternator), radius of bend for exhaust flow, etc.

Installation of a downpipe in the Mazdaspeed 6 is tough but very do-able if you have a good selection of tools. Jackstands and or ramps are fine for the installation. Working on the O2 sensor with penetrant and taking your time is important to be successful in removing the O2 sensor.

Send me an email and I can get you a copy of the installation instructions so you can see what is involved with the installation.

-Derrick

Thanks for the response. Even though I have no corksport products ive always been keen on your products and good customer service. Ill be purchasing your downpipe this weekend as my early xmas gift . Hopefully I don't run into too many problems with the install.

When it comes to installing car parts its usually rusted bolts / hard to reach stuff that takes the most time.

inlet will net you a hole in your pocket and vitually no gains.

id suggest spending that money on something thats going to produce gains. inlet is a complementary mod. something that should be bought once the car is close to fully modded

I beg to differ. Doesn't matter how modded the car is. You are reducing a restriction to the intake. Its a good idea to do this while you do the intake for ease of install. PG inlet pipe is 100 bucks new. Cheap mod . . .

I beg to differ. Doesn't matter how modded the car is. You are reducing a restriction to the intake. Its a good idea to do this while you do the intake for ease of install. PG inlet pipe is 100 bucks new. Cheap mod . . .

Our inlet pipe is $89, new. Polished Aluminum; Black Powdercoat is only $10. 3 different silicone colors and it ships with T-Bolt Band clamps for all connections.

Jason

Last edited:
The only test pipe we have seen that has given us difficulty was the TurboXS. They do not use factory style fittings in their design. For the most part, all of the other companies do.

Do you already own the SU Test Pipe? Our racepipe is $50 less.

Jason

The only test pipe we have seen that has given us difficulty was the TurboXS. They do not use factory style fittings in their design. For the most part, all of the other companies do.

Do you already own the SU Test Pipe? Our racepipe is $50 less.

Jason

This is the answer to my question. I have a SU TP and want to get a CS DP and thought there would be no problem. I did own a CS TP first but it was the older design and I had fitment issues with my stock CB. Sold it to a guy with a 3" CB. I worry that my Fuel pump is going to crap out with the addition of the uncatted DP along with the stg2 Cobb map.

Back