Noise...Not normal

hodedo24

:
07 Mazdaspeed3 GT___True Red
Well where do I start ? Its that time of the year out here in wichita, KS where the god awful cold winter noises that my 07speed3 is famous for, begin to rear their head. Having drivin the car for 2 previous winters I know whats a normal cold squeek or so. However, when I have my car in any gear and I am driving, if I hit the gas just to get the car to jump (similar to just tapping the gass to rev the motor) I hear this aweful squeek coming from the engine bay. I can duplicte the noise if I am also in first and let off the clutch a little fast. It always squeeks between gears if I shirt hard and drop the clutch a little. Iv had it at the dealership here in Wichita and they said the can not duplicate the noise. I even had a TECH ride with me and I could hearit plain as day !! He assured me that it was nothing to worry about. Well the damn car only has 27K and has never made this noise before. Please if anyone has any advice please let me know. I am going to call the dealership to let them know I am not happy with the diagnosis. What to do ?

does the noise go away after it warms up or does it do it all the time?

Yes. Thats the first thing I said to the TECH. He said no way... Iv had motor mounts go in an old mustang I had and it doesnt seem like mounts to me...

Yes. Thats the first thing I said to the TECH. He said no way... Iv had motor mounts go in an old mustang I had and it doesnt seem like mounts to me...

I personally think its just suspension. Every thing that you have to do in order to duplicate the sounds loads/unloads the suspension and that could cause a suspension creak. Unless you can sit there in neutral and goose the throttle in order to duplicate the noise...that's[suspension] my guess.
I would still have a tech do a thorough inspection on all of your mounts. It's not like these cars don't have a notorious reputation with their mounts.

Thank you for your help...It could be suspention for sure..Its finally cold enought out here for the normal bushing noises from the front end....Ill have to look at my VIN and see if my car falls into that mount recall...

Back