Engine and starter issues

JelloMan

Hey guys, i need a little help. I bought an 04 M6s MTX a couple months back. Bought it with roughly 67k, and with no problems.
Recently, i started noticing a really loud noise screaming out from under the hood on a cold start (only lasts a second, but its highly irritating because its so loud). Took it by a mechanic friend, he said it was the starter that was no good. So we ordered a new one and he did the work for me. All was going well, till a few weeks later it started again. So he got it replaced again at no cost because it was on warrenty.
However, now i notice a terrible noise which i think is coming from the engine. I dont know excatly how to explain the noise, but it almost sounds like electrical sparks (but im almost certain its not). Its noticeable on cold starts, and when its idle or at very very low rpm. went back to my friend, asked him about it, and he was un able to diagnose it. told me i should take it to mazda because the car has less than 100k, and it should all be under warrenty

now i hear people always complaining about how the 'stealerships' rip them off, so does anyone know if these issues would be covered under a warrenty? I really dont want to go to one of these dealerships and have them tell me its going to cost 4 figures to fix.

p.s. for the record, that irritating noise with the starter has come back .. AGAIN. anyone suprised? sorry for the lengthy post, but im a n00b out here, and im hella lost.

Back