P5 Won't start in cold weather...

humm spark plug ... But when its warm outside the engine start easily.
I thought maybe the coil packs. These are still stock... Incredible belive it or not. I'm just affraid that the solution is more related to the air intake system... It seems to be very prone to failure on the protege with its vics/vtcs systems.

I agree, the fuel rail must be loosing pressure as the car sits. Where would this check-valve be located? I might attempt to replace it if its not too expensive or difficult.

^ good point, I have another thread (older), linked below...

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123756125

in which I was asking about oil viscosity as I thought that might be the issue. I usually run 10w-30, but have also recently purchased 5w-30. This car uses about a qt per week, so I'd like to think its all switched over to 5w-30 by now. But I am planning for an oil change in the next couple of weeks. I started this thread, a new one, because as you might read in that link, I ruled oil viscosity out. But I do certainly appreciate you bringing it up as it could definitely have been an issue if I were running thicker than 10w-30....

I'm having the same issue as yours. The waiting works perfectly for me. I'm so glad.
At the same time, about 2 years ago, I was not able to put gas at the pump. It would stop right away. I guess, no vent? It used to take me about 5 minutes for 5 litres of gas.
So a friend removed a "valve" according to him.
Could it be this check valve? That creates the issue of starting?
I'm able to put gas as before the issue.

Back