Goodbye, it's been a great 2 years

chufa

I just traded in my '08 True Red Speed 3 GT for a '10 WRX sedan. I really enjoyed my MS3; it was a great car. My decision to changed was influenced mainly on the drivetrain: I used to drive an '01 Audi S4 before the MS3, and I underestimated how much I was going to miss AWD. I did mod my MS3 (MS intake), but despite the performance gains and sweet sound I felt it aggravated torque steer somewhat and made the car feel more dangerous. My geographical situation had some say in it too (snowy in winter).

Anyway, its sad to see my baby go :(. I know I didn't post much here, but I lurked here a lot, and I will miss you guys (especially a character known as Swampass, lol). Take care, and enjoy your rides.

I've been wanting to do that ever since the 09 came out. what did they give you for the MS3, and what kind of deal did you get on the wrx?

One gripe I have with the wrx is that huge piece of chrome on the trunk lid WTF were they thinking? If I do eventually trade my MS3 for one I would have to do something about that s***

I've been wanting to do that ever since the 09 came out. what did they give you for the MS3, and what kind of deal did you get on the wrx?

One gripe I have with the wrx is that huge piece of chrome on the trunk lid WTF were they thinking? If I do eventually trade my MS3 for one I would have to do something about that s***

They gave me 16K on the MS3. That's right at KBB. I could have sold it for 18K, but I avoided the hassle plus they gave me other incentives.

The WRX I got for 25.9K. It includes the SPT cat back/exhaust (800 bucks). Alltogether that's about 1K discount from the sticker. Plus they added a free subwoofer and dim/compass mirror to make up for my MS3 intake (my dealer wanted the intake). They also financed me at 4.5% APR, and I had a 7% APR with the MS3 before. Since my dealer is the same for Subaru and Mazda, they also prorated my extended service contract, so I'll be covered for 5 years instead of the standard 3 years. All in all, I am happy with the deal I got.

Pics coming soon.

They gave me 16K on the MS3. That's right at KBB. I could have sold it for 18K, but I avoided the hassle plus they gave me other incentives.

The WRX I got for 25.9K. It includes the SPT cat back/exhaust (800 bucks). Alltogether that's about 1K discount from the sticker. Plus they added a free subwoofer and dim/compass mirror to make up for my MS3 intake (my dealer wanted the intake). They also financed me at 4.5% APR, and I had a 7% APR with the MS3 before. Since my dealer is the same for Subaru and Mazda, they also prorated my extended service contract, so I'll be covered for 5 years instead of the standard 3 years. All in all, I am happy with the deal I got.

Pics coming soon.

sounds like you worked out one hell of a deal! good job.

Doesn't matter if it's a MS3, a WRX or an 18 wheeler if the vehicle doesn't have snow tires. A MS3 with snow tires will run circles around a WRX with summer tires in the winter.

Surely you had snow tires for the MS3 and will be making a similar investment for the WRX?

Bottom line is, no one here can blame you, you got a smoother riding, faster, better traction car, for around the same money, and it looks like they nearly bent over backwards to make you happy. The only other thing Id rather have is the AWD golf that isnt out yet?

Bottom line is, no one here can blame you,

Speak for yourself. If I wanted AWD, that's what I would have bought.

Sorry, but saying the car felt dangerous shows the driving expertise involved and the need for AWD.

Also, no personal hate involved, but, please don't post pics, this is a Mazda forum. When I want to see Subies I go to a subie forum.

post pics.. forget that tool

Nothing against Mazda or FWD. I don't claim to be Michael Schumacher and I had nothing for love for my MS3. Just a personal preference.

Anyway, here are some pics of the new WRX, as well as my old MS3.

edit: and oh yeah, I would be getting snow tires.

Attachments

• MS3-b.jpg
    MS3-b.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0524c.jpg
    IMG_0524c.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0525c.jpg
    IMG_0525c.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0530c.jpg
    IMG_0530c.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0532c.jpg
    IMG_0532c.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Man that looks great! They look so much better than the 5drs. Good choice getting the sedan. Can you take more pics of the exhaust? Looks great from that pic

I also drove a 01.5 Audi S4, and the AWD is indeed something you kinda miss once you get into your first winter with the MS3 and get into quite a bit of tire spin. I had even put some K04s into the Audi, and with all that power it still behaved well enough in the snow. I'm sure I could make up for that with very good snow tires on the MS3, but Pittsburgh tends to be pretty good at clearing the roads, so I'm going to stick to the all-seasons this winter and see how it goes.

Good luck with the WRX, looks very nice.

Nice choice! I'd choose AWD or RWD over FWD any day but for my commute and budget, MS3 was the best choice for me.

Nice choice! I'd choose AWD or RWD over FWD any day but for my commute and budget, MS3 was the best choice for me.

Same here!!

I was actually about to get a 2009 WRX hatch until I saw the interior... I couldn't get the MS3 interior out of my head (we went for a test drive in the MS3 right before the WRX). Aside from the interior (huge points for me) and the price tag, i'd probably would have gotten the WRX over my MS3.

Latest posts

Back