Spoiler and window visor question Question

liljon

:
03 Mazdaspeed Protege
Hey i was wondering if anyone knew what site i can buy jdm or if they have oem window visors? I really dont want to buy the window visors that use 3M tape. Also as for the spoiler, ive seen some people the evo wing on msp, is it the same holes used for the stock wing or drill new holes? also do they make those spoilers that go onto the back of the rear window? ive never seen one on a msp but from what i imagine that it might look nice.

Hey i was wondering if anyone knew what site i can buy jdm or if they have oem window visors? I really dont want to buy the window visors that use 3M tape. Also as for the spoiler, ive seen some people the evo wing on msp, is it the same holes used for the stock wing or drill new holes? also do they make those spoilers that go onto the back of the rear window? ive never seen one on a msp but from what i imagine that it might look nice.

evo wing will require you to drill new holes in either the trunk or spoiler mounts. I had an evo wing on my protege for 2 years. The body shop drilled two holes in the wing mounts to match the stock holes on the trunk and drilled an additional hole in the trunk to use stock hole on wing mount. So in all, each mount/side had 3 bolts. It was too flimsy with only 2 bolts

ive been looking for the jdm visors too, as far as the back window, im assuming you mean like the evo mr? there has been a thread floating around about those being made, im not sure by who. i would skip the evo wing......it dont look good on them, and its way to big for ours....

ive been looking for the jdm visors too, as far as the back window, im assuming you mean like the evo mr? there has been a thread floating around about those being made, im not sure by who. i would skip the evo wing......it dont look good on them, and its way to big for ours....

Indeed, which is why I no longer have it on my car

ohh yea i saw the wings west one, hopefully theres someone or a place that sells it. or maybe find another spoiler and retro fit it?

I used to have a evo8 spoiler on my MSP, but took it off, everyone on here is happy I did that, all my local friends think my car is ugly without a spoiler lol.

But the evo8 spoiler leaves only about 1/2 a inch to a inch on each side of the trunk.
If your up for it buy my spoiler an my carbon fiber trunk which is predrilled for the spoiler ;) hahahah. (I need cash due to motor blowing hahah)

Been looking to buy the same one from Wings West for my 2000 ES. It's actually cheaper to purchase it directly through their website. I called to inquire about it, and yeah, it does mount with the enclosed 3M tape. Shipping would have been an extra $65, though, so I decided to put the purchase on hold. That's almost 50% of what the spoiler would cost!!! If you're in San Jose, maybe we can get a group together to save money on shipping.

yep, just tape, very scary

Why would it be scary?

Last edited:
3m molding tape is awesome i had a wings west lip spoiler on my miata at one point and it wsa only held one via 3m tape. didn't budge at 120mph...and i tested it several times lol

anyone have one and a better picture of it installed?

Been looking to buy the same one from Wings West for my 2000 ES. It's actually cheaper to purchase it directly through their website. I called to inquire about it, and yeah, it does mount with the enclosed 3M tape. Shipping would have been an extra $65, though, so I decided to put the purchase on hold. That's almost 50% of what the spoiler would cost!!! If you're in San Jose, maybe we can get a group together to save money on shipping.

Why would it be scary?

yea we could do a group buy, but i wont have any money for it until a few weeks though

You've also got to factor in the costs of getting it painted to match...

(I can't see the pics, but if it's the same WW rear window spoiler I remember, it's unpainted and made from a rubber-like material...)

hahah yea im down, i hope the mods on mocc would be up for it.

and im not too worried about repainting the spoiler, i have a friend that can do it for me. does anyone on here have the spoiler on there car already?

Latest posts

Back