Goodbye Ms6

ms6z

:
2006 MS6 GT
Hello to my fellow Ms6...I sold my Ms6 a few days ago and i now got a new toy. I just thought maybe i can show you guys my new toy. The Ms6 was a great car but my new car just stole my heart away when i first saw it..LOL.... Enjoy!!!

Went from this

DSC06734.jpg

DSC06736.jpg

DSC06735.jpg

TO THIS
SDC11619.jpg

SDC11618.jpg

SDC11620.jpg

SDC11621.jpg

Wow...quite a change. Any particular reason why you went down in hp/tq, went back to FWD, and went smaller?

Although i sold it, I still got the love for the Ms6....The main reason why i went from Mazda to HONDA was because of HONDA'S reputation...It's built to last...Quality & Reliability goes to HONDA...BUT SPEED goes to Ms6..LOL... Yes, the civic does feel alot slower, NO TORQUE, but anything after 4,500 rpm to Crazy 8,000 rpm this thing pulls pretty good.. Personally i've never driven a FWD car that handles soo good and smooth from the factory....

Although i sold it, I still got the love for the Ms6....The main reason why i went from Mazda to HONDA was because of HONDA'S reputation...It's built to last...Quality & Reliability goes to HONDA...BUT SPEED goes to Ms6..LOL... Yes, the civic does feel alot slower, NO TORQUE, but anything after 4,500 rpm to Crazy 8,000 rpm this thing pulls pretty good.. Personally i've never driven a FWD car that handles soo good and smooth from the factory....

I hate to tell ya, but 2 guys with Si's near me have had more issues than you'd think with Hondas...best of luck. Did you at least get a decent price for it?

2 words....rev hang

i personally wouldnt want to drive a car that need to be at 5 grand to have any sort of grunt.....just sayin

Not to be Debbie downer but those things are far from reliable. Transmission and clutch issues up the ying yang and Honda fights warrantying them with a vengiance, read up on the forums and as Tunersteve has mentioned, my best friend has one and has had numerous issues. Also, aside from some turbos the MS6 is bullet proof really. Hopefully you got a GREAT deal because all of the Mugen parts can be bought for far less than the car assembled, I would assume you did as they are 2 years old now. I like Hondas but waiting for Vtech is a pain. You can not drive that thing around at 5k-9k without drawing an awful lot of attention to yourself! However, when you are in vtek they are fun! Good luck, have fun!

Yikes....a $30K civic. I'm afraid for your insurance....if these are anything like trying to insure an Integra Type-R, well, tell your wallet good luck.

EDIT: Nevermind....you got a good price on it. There was one locally around here last year that had a $30K sticker on it.

I bought it with 3,200 miles for about $23,000 tax included... Somewhat a decent price.

I hate to tell ya, but 2 guys with Si's near me have had more issues than you'd think with Hondas...best of luck. Did you at least get a decent price for it?

So you basically bought a used smaller,slower,fwd car for the same price I paid for my Speed6 new.....
Few tips for ya...
1) Get Lojack...NOW!!!!
2) Get good alarm... NOW!!!!
3) Get used to every ricer in a lowered Civic DX auto reving on you at every stoplight...
4) Its not as bulletproof as you think. I work for a dual dealership with a Honda Franchise as one of the car lines n I see issues with them on par with Mazda....

Not knocking your purchase but you may have wanted to research this a little bit more....
<------- On his 5th Honda (wifes car) now...Had a 99Si back in the day....

Last edited:
So you basically bought a used smaller,slower,fwd car for the same price I paid for my Speed6 new.....
Few tips for ya...
1) Get Lojack...NOW!!!!
2) Get good alarm... NOW!!!!
3) Get used to every ricer in a lowered Civic DX auto reving on you at every stoplight...
4) Its not as bulletproof as you think. I work for a dual dealership with a Honda Franchise as one of the car lines n I see issues with them on par with Mazda....

Not knocking your purchase but you may have wanted to research this a little bit more....

5. Make all your lugnuts locking style
6. Lose the 747 wing on your trunk, theres no more power going to the rear wheels
7. Rip all the mugen logos off of it so its still in your driveway tomorrow
8. Tint the windows jet black, lord knows ppl will be laughing and they dont want to see you cry

Im sorry man but thats a real real big downgrade. I can see switching to a subie, evo, or something rwd but you have gone the wrong way...

No honda love here :). Anyway if you like it more power to you. Looks great. You should have stuck that money you lost into that nice white nissan z you have next to the civic. Drop a snail in that biatch and you will have yourself a 12 second car.

im not going to hate on your choice...its a VERY RARE car that went brand new for about 30-35k i believe there were only about 400-500 made for the u.s
a friend of mine in the car club im in has one with headers/intake/exhaust/mm it only went like 14.6 @ 99...but ovb you werent gettin it for speed..not going to lie tho my friend beats the s*** out of his mugen BAD and he did blow his axle that went into his transmission lol but lucky him his dad works at the honda dealership...
i like it..it handles good i would say not as good as a speed 3 but for a 4 door fwd sedan it handles REALLY good..but i know you going to miss the hp/trq lol those things only put down 140trq and thats with a fully built motor lol but have fun and good luck with all the ricers

heres a vid of my friends mugen at the track lol i have other vids of him on my youtube name is bigjimmyb6787
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqOQbnbw6tg

Last edited:
Its a very good looking ride, but I just can't see going from a speed6 to a civic. I am sure it is fun to drive, but so is the speed, which has AWD, and can haul 4 adults comfortably. I don't know how old you are, but I just hit 30, and couldn't see myself driving a compact car at this point in my life.

HAHAHA, not to be a dick but you went from a sweet ass car to a 30k riced out civic!!!

EDIT: I guess thats kinda harsh. Its a nice car, but in the performance section you went down a couple steps. I think my MSP would spank one. I always kinda liked em all but the wing but they are just 30k, I mean i could have a Evo or STI for that price.

Last edited:
Back