Yokohama 18" and 20" Tire Reviews

blkcx9

:
Black cx-9 GT
ONLY if you own a CX9 and you have put the Yokos on your vehicle please let everyone know what you like and dislike about the tires.

Ride
Traction
Road Noise
Warranty issues
Tread issues
Pictures

I've got the Yokohama Parada tires as recommended here on the forums. We've been hit hard with snow the last several days, and these tires are a champ on the CX9. Worth every penny I paid for them.

The wear index (tested by the fed) of Parada Spec-X is 420 compared to Dueler H/L400's 260 only. You could expect 60% longer life than the OE Duelers. For my CX9, the Dueler seems to last about 25k-30k miles if you really wear it down.

Ride - much better, smoother, less harsh
Traction - 100% improvement in snow and ice
Road Noise - noticably quieter
Warranty issues - none
Tread issues - no more road groove tracking

255/50/20 (sorry, not the best pic to see tread):

tire2.jpg

Here is a question for you....I just bought my cx-9 touring fwd. The two front tires need to be replaced, but the back tires are still "good". Would you recommend replacing all 4 or just the two on the front? If I get the two on front, would you place new yokos on the front or on the back???? Thanks for any suggestions.

Here is a question for you....I just bought my cx-9 touring fwd. The two front tires need to be replaced, but the back tires are still "good". Would you recommend replacing all 4 or just the two on the front? If I get the two on front, would you place new yokos on the front or on the back???? Thanks for any suggestions.

if it's just fwd i'd replace the two if u are on a budget.

It is always better to have equal traction at four corners.
I recommend replacing all four tires of your choice, and start to rotate tires diligently.

I just came back from a 575-mile skii trip to Lake Tahoe.
Yoko Parada Spec-X performed flawlessly.
CX9 should have come with this tire!!!

Update on Yokos

I have had the Yokos for about 1.5 months now and finally got a chance to use them in the snows of Minnesota.

They are great compared to the OEMS
Ride: smooth and very quiet
Traction: Dry-Very good Wet - Very good Snow - Very good, Ice -ok
It is about a 2000 mile journey to the inlaws so they will be well tested on this trip

I have been in MN for about a week and they just got dumped on and the tires are excellent compared to the Duellers. I really have to work to break them loose when taking off or braking.

The Yoko Spec-X being quiet is a pleasant surprise to me.

compared to OE Bridgestone:

Price: lower
Tranquility: better (very surprised)
Wear: much longer (260 vs 400+ by index)
Dry: on-par or better
Wet: better
Snow: much better
Ice: not yet

Makes you wonder why Mazda uses Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400....

Just bought a new 2010 CX-9 GT a few weeks ago. I replaced the Bridgestone Deulers one week after owning the car. They were horrible. Very rough ride. There is one stretch of road by me that it a little bumpy and when I played a CD it would constantly skip and was unusable. Played the same CD on the same road with the Yoko Spec-X tires and the CD played with no issues. No better proof than that, that the Yoko tires produce a smoother ride.

If anyone wants to buy some Bridgestone Deulers tires real cheap let me know. They only have 100 miles on them :)

People mostly here choose the Paradas instead of the Michelin`s because of the better snow traction? Or price?
I wanna know cause I`m torn between these two, but snow/ice is definitely not an issue for me.
So what made you choose the Yokos instead of the Michelins? An viceversa?

I went with the Michelin because I have had good luck with all there tires. As far as snow and a little ice, that to was not an issue because they work well enough for me on the rare occasions I will be in snow.

I feel the ride is superior to many other brands and I found the handling to be outstanding. $ were not and issue.

Enjoy the holiday and lets not forget the men and woman in the service past and present who are protecting our freedom.

God bless them and the USA. (usa)

I was going with the Latitude Tour HP until I found the Paradas.

1. Best ICE rating for the category. (Snow isn't as critical)

2. Directional Tread for maximum performance.

3. Sportier look than the Michelin. I really wanted wider wheels until I put the Paradas on.

I have the AVID ENVigors on order and will have them installed next week. I was going to go with the Parada's but since I drive about 30K per year, I'm hoping for more life out of the Envigor since the treadwear rating is better....560 vs 420....fwiw.

I'm a bit nervous since it's a new tire without a lot of reviews, but I'm hoping the gamble pays off. I'll update my experiences as I get some mileage on them.

They will be replacing the Continental Cross Contact LX's which I initially thought were fantastic. But after about 30K miles, something starts happening to the tires. I've been through 2 sets and thought the first was a fluke, but the same thing happened on the 2nd set as well. And no reason could be found for why it was happening....meaning, there was nothing wrong with my car (alignment) or with balancing. They were even wearing nicely - no uneven wear, cupping, etc. They still looked perfect. So, sadly, I can't recommend the Cross Contacts although they start out as a really nice choice.

Back