Problems major problems

dsmdizzle

:
03.5 MSP
So when I bought my msp it had a blown turbo, or so I thought. The car wouldnt boost at all and acts like there is no turbo at all. I bought a replacement 50trim and put it on there with a restrictor on the feed line. Everything was peachy with the install and the car started and ran perfect. I give it a rev and same deal it wont build any pressure, not even enough to open the bov. WTF?

It is acting the exact same way it did with the other turbo on there. But this time it will build one or two pounds low in the rpm's and when it gets up around 5k it actually starts to go back into vacuum a little bit. This is even with the throttle to the floor. It is acting like there is a major restriction in the system and it cant get enough air. (I know its not the case).

I pulled the whole fmic off to clean and inspect it along with the pipes and couplers. Still same outcome.

I fixed all the messed up vac lines to the correct way. Still same outcome.

I checked for boost leaks. Still same outcome.

I did a compression test. Good and even all the way across. Still same outcome.

I checked for exhaust leaks between head and turbo. Still same outcome.

What am I missing? I bought this beast hoping the new turbo would fix it but apparently nothing has got worse or better.

Help me!

Another weird thing. I was reving it and decided to pinch a coupler and see if it expands and it actually sucked in further.

maybe you intercooler is too big and the turbo cant push enough air through to boost or mayeb your wastegate s*** the bead other wise maybe you exhaust is ****** somewhere like a leak maybe crack in the manifold?

My car has an external on the t3 thunder mani and it is closed, hasnt opened the whole time ive owned the car. lol. The mani isnt cracked either. There is no way for the exhaust gasses to escape past the turbine wheel and they must pass through it. Thats why it doesnt make sense to me. All the exhaust gasses passing the turbo and this bish still doesnt spool.

50 trims dont spool for s*** on this car on low boost but you still should build full boost. u need to make a leak tester and pressurize the whole system

Back