car will no accelerate

jrobmcnasty1

:
Mazdaspeed protege
car will not accelerate

So Yesterday my msp broke :( it was bogging out randomely and i thought coil packs or spakies. Changed my plugs and it ran well for about 5 miles then it completely bogged out on me, I dont have any air leaks. I hear the turbo winding up as I am going. It started smoking and smelled awefull, couldnt tell what the smell was, engine temp is fine but my shifter gets really hot and i can even feal the heat on my leg from the center console, i am completely perplexed!(sadbanana) has a horrible idle and over the past couple weeks it would die on me everyonce in a while, the rpms would also randomely shoot up to 2000 as well for a second. Please help me lol!

Last edited:
also cel came on twice in past month but went off the next day, now its flashing and i got a p0171, p0505, and a p0300

maybe you should find out what those codes mean. I bet that would give you some ideas and help us help you to try to figure out the problem. and i wouldnt drive the car with a flashing cel if i were you.

time to change out all your vac lines, mostly check the vac lines for the boost sensor its the one in the top left corner with the mistubishi sighn on it.

p0171 lean air/fuel ratio bank 1
p0505 idle system malfunction
p0300 random cylinder misfire detected

Tried to troubleshoot a bit more last night, had very little time, When I started it up big puff of whit-bluish smoke but went away after startup, strong fuel smell and my engine oil smells like fuel. There are two plugs on tob of engine torwards rear closer to the passenger side, one of them is green, i disconnected that one and it started to run a little smoother, dont know if it was coincidence but it happened, when I put it back in it didnt really change again. gonna try gaskets, oil change, and retest all vac lines.

The plug you pulled was either the VTCS or VICS.. I don't know which one the green one is.

I would start with cleaning your MAF sensor. (P0171)
Check the coil packs and cables. (P0300)
It may also be the timing belt tensioner spring leading to a slipping timing belt and timing being totally off.

time to change out all your vac lines, mostly check the vac lines for the boost sensor its the one in the top left corner with the mistubishi sighn on it.

Doesn't the MAP sensor usually throw P0106 when it fails?

WOOT!!! I got it fixed, after switching plugs and coils I did some wire chasing and had some chaffed wires, I geuss from before I swapped my motor mounts when my rear and passengerside mounts were completely destroyed. Thanks for all of your suggestions!

Latest posts

Back