Thank you as*hole

doh! it was probably going to die soon anyways, they always do. Do yourself a favor and buy a new one. If you prefer you can buy i nicer Kenwood and it will use the same wire harness so no rewiring.

it was getting kinda touchy. i hope they dropped it after they raped my dash and cut my babys wires. oh its painful to think about. any suggestions on a replacement muse/stereo? i really liked my stereo.. like.. alot... even though i could never figure out how to program stations.. *cries*
ok sorry.

ah, so they cut the wires...well, guess it doesnt matter which HU you go with, you'll be rewiring anyways :( fail. damn theives.

I have an aftermarket Kenwood headunit that I used in my previous volvo. Its about 5-6 years old now and I needed it for my speaker setup that I no longer use.

Anyway if this would work for your car I would gladly post pics in a proper F/S thread. Not going to waste my time if it won't work though so mods don't jump all over me please.

Its pretty nice and when you turn the car on it folds out from a sort of "hidden" resting state. Cost me about 500 bucks when I got it new.

put in the new HU last night. Highly recommend :D looks great and the UI is awesome. Plus its one of the few I can find anymore with a rear USB input w/ a long cord to route where you want it... 16gig thumb drive FTW!

evil i just talked to someone at crutchfield about getting another kenwood and they said that the harness has changed since the cd players that where put in our cars.

Im assuming the one you just bought and installed plug right into factory harness?

really dont want to mess with wiring.

Isn't it possible to get a harness-to-harness converter for these cars? IE a Mazda harness to Pioneer/AIWA/Alpine/Etc, or don't they make them for the Mazdaspeed, since it's kinda funky due to a stock Kenwood unit?

Isn't it possible to get a harness-to-harness converter for these cars? IE a Mazda harness to Pioneer/AIWA/Alpine/Etc, or don't they make them for the Mazdaspeed, since it's kinda funky due to a stock Kenwood unit?

Mazdaspeed is still Mazda. I.E. it uses the same wiring harness...

Mazdaspeed is still Mazda. I.E. it uses the same wiring harness...

MSPs and MP3s have a Kenwood wiring harness stock, Proteges and P5s have a different stereo harness. And there are kenwood to other brand conversion harnesses.

it was getting kinda touchy. i hope they dropped it after they raped my dash and cut my babys wires. oh its painful to think about. any suggestions on a replacement muse/stereo? i really liked my stereo.. like.. alot... even though i could never figure out how to program stations.. *cries*
ok sorry.

I reccomend the Alpine CDA-9884, comes with ipod cable that charges and plays ipod or if you dont have an ipod but instead have another brand of mp3 player crutchfield sells a general auxilary cable for it. I installed this headunit this past monday and i love it. it is a quick replacement for the kenwood and the auxillary cable works great. i can use my mp3 player, and i can listen to pandora on my iphone through the cable. I replaced my stocker because my buttons didnt light up anymore and it was skipping every cd really bad

I've got a Kenwood KDC-615, and I honestly have no complaints. built in crossovers, bass and treble focus, selectable rear/non-fade pre-out... I wish it had MP3 playback, but thats really not a big deal.

Back