boost gauge in driver air vent possible?

ajrockr

Is it possible to put a gauge, boost gauge in my case, in the air vent on the driver side, closer to the door. I know people put them in the center vent but Id rather have mine closer to my field of vision and out of every one elses. Plus, I'm a smoker and dont like to open my vent anyway so I dont have ash and smoke blowing in my face :\

If it is possible, is there a product that keeps the gauge flush in the vent? I'm not to sure how people get it to sit in the center vent.

I guess the second question doesn't really have to be answered if it has a million times before, I'm sure I'll find the answer some where.

ventpod, I know they make that for the 3, but I believe it still lets air through around the gauge. theres also the one that goes in the defogger vent just above there...

Ben (Block8Head) makes them in both 52mm and 60mm sizes and in different depths. I picked one up this past summer, and his build quality it awesome. I still think that's the best spot for a boost gauge. Most people that get in my car think it's a stock gauge.

-Jay

ya, i just dont want anything sticking out. i like the idea of having the gauge nesting in the vent. out of sight out of mind when I dont want to look at it but also easily viewable with a quick glance down. hard to see from the passenger and outside the car as well. So I guess I'll buy that little set I linked before from therpmstore and see if it fits in the vent.

for the center stack, people use DVD cases as the surround/support.

The MS3 ventpod won't work for the 6. I was in contact with Elbows-High who makes the vent pods, and they had planned on making one for the 6, but couldn't find a vendor that would pick the product up.

I have a defrost pod from Ben (block8head) and I don't think I'll be using it. Keep an eye out in the FS section and I'll have it listed soon.

I have a defrost pod from Ben (block8head) and I don't think I'll be using it. Keep an eye out in the FS section and I'll have it listed soon.

since I don't *think* this is what the OP is looking for (sounds like he wants it in the drivers side airvent, not defrost)....i call dibs ;)

if it is, then by all means, your thread, your dibs.

since I don't *think* this is what the OP is looking for (sounds like he wants it in the drivers side airvent, not defrost)....i call dibs ;)

if it is, then by all means, your thread, your dibs.

I'll try to get the FS thread up in the next day or so, so keep an eye out in the 6 section. I thought I'd use it, but I'm pulling for CP-e to sell the DH pod for us in the same location, so I can hard mount a radar on my RVM.

i have this pod.. they were made for a short period a while back.. i got lucky and found one used on mocc.. and its perfect it holds the gauge and lets the air through. im gonna sk a guy i know who works with molds an resins if this is worth his time.. and its super stealthy!!

i have this pod.. they were made for a short period a while back.. i got lucky and found one used on mocc.. and its perfect it holds the gauge and lets the air through. im gonna sk a guy i know who works with molds an resins if this is worth his time.. and its super stealthy!!

keeping my fingers crossed (nailbyt)

Back