Post Pics of your Mazda2 / Demio

Kosei K1's are on my list of favorite wheels. Yours look great.

Yeah, they are a very nice wheel.. ended up getting 6 of them for $300 :) .. I guess it was a lot of work to sandblast them down to get powder-coated.. but very much worth it!

Domii3925, are they the +38 offset? I knew I shouldn't have sold mine :( Looking awesome!

Finally got some pics of mine:

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg
DSC_0221.jpg
DSC_0298.jpg

(hi)

Hey all, just picked up my 2 a couple weeks ago. I also have a 2006 3 (which my wife is now driving, as she has a shorter commute than I do) so I spend a good amount of time over on ************, but I'll probably hang out here for all of my 2 info. Haven't done a ton to the car yet -- CX-7 stubby antenna, rear bumper guard -- but I have a Demio badge on the way and will be getting the windows tinted in a couple of weeks.

Here's a pic from the night I brought the car home:

new-demio.jpg

EDIT: LOL, apparently it's not kosher to refer to "competing" Mazda forums?

Good looking blue in touring trim! And yeah, that competing forums filter is really really weird. I wonder if you can say ********** anymore.

Edit: Guess not! lololo

Snapped a few pics after the first round of free mods :D If no one has done it yet, even if you just do it for S&G, unbolt the muffler. I did it expecting horrible weedwhacker noises but was PLEASANTLY surprised by a sound very familiar. Must be the combination of the cat and small OEM resonator, but the car sounds A LOT like my turbo 1.6 in the Miata. It's much much deeper sounding than I would have ever imagined. It's a little loud inside but it's not too bad!! (I stuck a muffler on but liked it better no muffler lol).

Short vid with straight through (one in, 2 out) muffler:
http://youtu.be/gaJ2lXlov9Q

Anyways, onto the pics.

Recent mods:
-tinted the sidemarkers and rear reflectors
-blacked out mazda emblem on steering wheel (sun reflections drove me nuts!), front/rear emblems, removed the MAZDA 2 badging, will be ordering a DEMIO badge
-titanium muffler from an M3 with dual black tips (lost 7lbs here woohoo)

DSC_0466-sm.jpg

DSC_0449-sm.jpg

DSC_0410-sm.jpg

DSC_0424-sm.jpg

Still have a few small mods that I want to do but my Miata is the one draining all of my money :)

Snapped a few pics after the first round of free mods :D If no one has done it yet, even if you just do it for S&G, unbolt the muffler. I did it expecting horrible weedwhacker noises but was PLEASANTLY surprised by a sound very familiar. Must be the combination of the cat and small OEM resonator, but the car sounds A LOT like my turbo 1.6 in the Miata. It's much much deeper sounding than I would have ever imagined. It's a little loud inside but it's not too bad!! (I stuck a muffler on but liked it better no muffler lol).

Short vid with straight through (one in, 2 out) muffler:
http://youtu.be/gaJ2lXlov9Q

Anyways, onto the pics.

Recent mods:
-tinted the sidemarkers and rear reflectors
-blacked out mazda emblem on steering wheel (sun reflections drove me nuts!), front/rear emblems, removed the MAZDA 2 badging, will be ordering a DEMIO badge
-titanium muffler from an M3 with dual black tips (lost 7lbs here woohoo)

DSC_0466-sm.jpg

DSC_0449-sm.jpg

DSC_0410-sm.jpg

DSC_0424-sm.jpg

Still have a few small mods that I want to do but my Miata is the one draining all of my money :)

Beautiful! Are there holes behind the "Mazda 2" emblem, or is it just stuck on there?

Beautiful! Are there holes behind the "Mazda 2" emblem, or is it just stuck on there?
Thank you! There are 2 staggered holes with little plastic retainers :( I was so peeved when I discovered that. I don't know why they must drill holes, I think it'd be impossible for that emblem to fall off in the next 10 years with that crazy tape holding it on!!! The "2" has no holes FWIW.

Just uploaded the no muffler video. It sounds like an SRT-4 neon but slightly higher pitched as revs go up. I even got a few burbles and a nice POP cruising around a parking lot in way low rpms :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W47AXuGq2iU

As much as I disliked the red one in the showroom when I got mine, it's growing on me. I see a lady driving one everyday on my way to/from work. Besides the red I've seen one other white 2. Doesn't seem like there's too many around me! I've waved to the ones I saw.... Which resulted in no response or a funny look haha. Oh well.

True red looks good! I'm starting to see a lot more 2's and Fiestas around town I've seen one in every color except white at this point.

Thats ironic I had to drive 2 hours to get a color OTHER than white ;-)

Back