OEM keyless entry, will this work?

sno328

:
2007 MS6 Black Mica
Hello everyone, I just got myself a 2007 ms6 the other week and I have been reading the forums for the past few weeks. Great information on here and I hope I can contribute to some more now that I officially have the car.

So, when I got the car they only had the valet key which is fine for now but I know that the keyless credit card type thing comes standard on the ms6, am i right? I guess the previous owner didnt give it to them for some reason. Ive searched through the forums and on google and ebay for some type of replacement, but all I could find was this. https://www.ikeyless.com/vehicles/mazda/mazdaspeed6/2006/product82841

Does anyone know if that will work? Id rather have the standard issued key card and the dealership quoted me around $170 for the new key and reprogramming. Do you guys think I should just do that or is there a easier/cheaper way to get that key. Thanks! :D

i would just go thru mazda.. i dont know much about this type of thing.. but mine doesnt even have a trunk button for my MS6. I wonder if that is optional or something.

Is your Speed6 a Sport or a GrandTouring?? If its a sport then it came with the flip key...If its a GT then its the card key for ya..... As for the key you have pictured it will work for your car. Just need to get it and the remote programmed.....

oh yea, sorry. its a GT. so i guess the consensus is to just go through mazda and do it?

If you have two working keys then you can just get a key fob with transponder key off of ebay or a another source and reprogram it.

Not exactly sure on the card programming but for the lock/unlock portion of a key fob you just need only one.

If you do not have two working keys or a working key fob best just to visit the dealer.

yea i dont have both, but luckily the dealership said they wouldnt charge me to reprogram it. initially they were gonna charge me $105 for the labor, which i thought was kind of ridiculous. they also told me the key would be $70 over the phone. turns out they searched for the wrong key and it actually costs $220. so if anybody out there is looking for a new key, it should run you about that much and dont let them charge you for labor.

I had the same issue with only having a valet key.. I just bit the bullet and went to the dealership, got the key card and an extra valet key just in case I some how lost the other one..

It was money well spent in my opinion..

cool, yea i got it done. the card and the key that slides in went for around $285. Luckily they recoded it for free (which they should have in the first place, but almost charged me $105 in "labor"). So I got an employee discount from my the sales guy I bought the car from and final price was around $238. Definitely worth it. So for anyone looking for a replacement/new card key, use that price for a reference.

Back