How to reset everything after new battery install?

I had to disconnect the battery and install a new one. I was expecting to lose my radio presets but all of the sensor lights are lit up on the dash and the windows are not working properly. How do you reset the ECU so everything works again?

I had to disconnect the battery and install a new one. I was expecting to lose my radio presets but all of the sensor lights are lit up on the dash and the windows are not working properly. How do you reset the ECU so everything works again?

When you disconnect the battery the traction control systems lights (2) will stay on in the cluster until you drive the vehicle and then cycle the key once...(turn the car off and when it is restarted they should turn off)

HMMMMM...Your windows are not controlled by the ECU so there should be no reason you are having any issues there.

I have disconnected (removed) my battery 2 times in the last two weeks doing installs and have yet to do anything beside reset the Radio/clock and take it for a spin around the block to reset the TCS....

It sounds like you may have another issue????

Good luck!

Matt

Last edited:
the windows have to be reset if u disconnect the batteryOpen both front windows slightly, then close them both while holding both buttons up for about 3 seconds even after the windows have already closed. You'll here a few clicks, then your done.

Back