How To: Ebay FMIC

At all or just with the piping routed so I can put my intake outside the engine bay?

i run a 90 off each side of my intercooler and my piping goes next to the radiator on each side with a fullsize radiator. i had it but a little bit but no frame or anything just a little core support. also had to bend the ac dryer out of the way some but thats easy

i run a 90 off each side of my intercooler and my piping goes next to the radiator on each side with a fullsize radiator. i had it but a little bit but no frame or anything just a little core support. also had to bend the ac dryer out of the way some but thats easy

Do you have pics.... ? Hopefully extensive ones because I really don't want my Air Cleaner in my engine bay.

Feel free to use these in the first post if you'd like.

I had to remove my window washer fluid and cut out room for the pipe but I love it. My washer nozzles broke a long time ago anyways. lol

DSC02583.jpg

DSC02590.jpg

DSC02588.jpg

DSC02587.jpg

Yo Greg did u use 2.5" pipping on the hot side or is that 2", wat bends did u use? thanks

even at 4 feet longer, thats half a cubic foot. hardly a noticeable difference if you look at the volumetric output of the turbo... idk why people make such a huge deal about it. sure, shorter piping may help a bit, but I don't think any difference it may have is worth the stink people make about it.

not worth cutting up the core support to me... especially seeing as the CAI has no gain either, and opens up the possibility of hydrolock.

you have to cut less than doing it like in the previous pics by far and i liked it when i hydrolocked mine...got a ton of upgrades with the insurance money lol! but thats why i made a cold air box and put the filter up top now.

car002.jpg

you have to cut less than doing it like in the previous pics by far and i liked it when i hydrolocked mine...got a ton of upgrades with the insurance money lol! but thats why i made a cold air box and put the filter up top now.
Now that's ingenious. Can you post more pics of the airbox and with the piping too??? This is awesome.... You finish one part of your build and someone starts a thread for the part that you had no clue as to where to go next....

yeah man if you don't mind pls post pics of the routing you used for your piping and the angles used

Back