How To: Ebay FMIC

Swapping out front bumper cover and didn't get pics when I'd I'd my FMIC. So, here it is.

I got a "Sport JDM" 28"x7.5"x2.5" fmic off of ebay, $95 iirc. I had the bottom of the crash bar cut n welded to fill up the whole grille opening.

DSC02622.jpg

DSC02619.jpg

DSC02617.jpg

DSC02641.jpg

DSC02651.jpg

Very nice fitting looks a sleeper! So hows the new FMIC holding so far?

Finally finished my install and took pictures. Not the best routing (I had to annihilate my bumper) but the routing is pretty short.

Here's how I mounted it. I cut the bottom of the crash bar and left enough space to put a bolt head in with a welded plate in.

Very jealous. I've never even attempted alloy, but I'm confident it would not look like that. lol

Thanks. My uncle TIG welds for a living so he was the perfect teacher. I started out with MIG a few years back, but aluminum definitely welds better with TIG. It's way cleaner for this sort of application too.

If I wanted to run a FMIC with bpv setup, where do I route the vaccuum hose that goes from bpv to coldpipe(?)?

You would have to install a nipple on the cold pipe for the BPV recirc hose, and another on the intake tube before the turbo.

Thank you for the reply!

New question: For the BOV/BPV dual setup; I want to do the following:
1) Place the bov after the turbo on the hot pipe. *I'll need a pipe with a nipple for the bov on the hot pipe.
2) Place the bpv on the cold pipe. *I'll need a pipe with a nipple for the bpv to go from intake to coldpipe.
3) Currently my MAF is on the CAI, I need to relocate this after the bpv on the cold pipe.
So, turbo ---> Hot pipe ---> BOV ----> intercooler ----> cold pipe ----> bpv ----> MAF ----> engine.

Some concerns I have are, does the vaccum line from the bpv to wastegate stay connected? Also, I believe that bov also has a vaccuum line that should go to wastegate actuator. How do I deal with that?

Don't bother with a dual valve setup, it's a waste of time and money. Get a BOV and either recirc it or vent it to atmosphere. So turbo, hotpipe, IC, cold pipe, BOV, MAF, TB. People a decade ago used to install a BOV along with the stock BPV to try to prevent the turkey sound but it has been proven to be redundant and ineffective. I run an HKS BOV and it works fine. For the vac line it would be best to get a vacuum block for the brake booster line and run dedicated lines for the BOV and WGA, or you can just run it like stock with new lines.

Alright awesome. Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it. Glad to know there are still people with knowledge on this car!

Back