Heated Mirrors

So I woke up this morning and my windows were frosted. I flipped on my rear defroster and I noticed that only my passenger side mirror was defrosting. I could tell because there was steam coming off of the mirror. The driver's side is not working at all.

Is there an easy way to get to the wires to see if it has a short? Or is there a fuse that controls the mirrors that might be blown?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Steve I searched through and saw that, but didn't read it all the way thru.. Guess I should have.

Is there a fuse to them anywhere though?

Thanks Steve I searched through and saw that, but didn't read it all the way thru.. Guess I should have.

Is there a fuse to them anywhere though?

Same fuse for both mirrors. if the fuse is blown neither mirror would work...

You should be able to feel it heating up from putting your hand on it. I believe you can get access to the plug from pulling the sail panel out (see VRMS6's how-to) and check the pin out for voltage if you have a multimeter.

I know for sure that the mirror is not working.. This morning was a good frost and I started the car up about 20 minutes prior to leaving.. The mirror was still iced over.. So I'm gonna have to break in there and see whats going on..

Back