Fittment questions on Enkei nt-03?

DRKNYTE

:
2008 MAZDASPEED 3 (BLACK MICA)
So I`ve made up my mind and will be getting these if they fit... I want to get them them in 18x7.5, 37 offset, 5x114.3, bore 72.6 with 235/40/18 tires. Any major modifications need for this. Thanks!

This is another wheel I like too, so I'm looking forward to responses. I'd also like to know member opinions on the 37 offset and how it might effect alignment, handling, and torque steer. Almost forgot, what about any effects on tire wear with the 37 offset.

Rub a dub dub. Awfully wide tires for that offset. Be prepared for a fender roll and you'll still probably polish the tires every now and then.

37 Offset, ouch. You'll definitely need to roll your fenders. And with 7.5's I would go with 225.

that should actually fit without problem i think
since the width is only 7.5 that means the offset will look higher then it actually is, if it as wider then 7.5 then you would def have some problems

a guy on here ran 18x9's but i can remember the offset, on there MS3
so i think those should fit, just get a smaller tire like 215/40
225's would def be overkill and would rub a ton

that should actually fit without problem i think
since the width is only 7.5 that means the offset will look higher then it actually is, if it as wider then 7.5 then you would def have some problems

a guy on here ran 18x9's but i can remember the offset, on there MS3
so i think those should fit, just get a smaller tire like 215/40
225's would def be overkill and would rub a ton

Offset and tire size are the 2 most important things when it comes to fitment. The wheel can poke all it wants, if you are to the point of the actual wheel contacting the fender you have many more problems.

I think you are confused about wheel offsets. The offset is the distance between the mounting pad and the centerline of the wheel, since the tire mounts evenly across the width of the wheel, different wheel widths of the same offset and tire size will have the same clearance of the fenders. In actuality the same tire width mounted on a wider wheel will have more clearance since the tire will stretch slightly and become more round instead of squared off.

i rub with people in the backseat slightly with a 18x7.5 +42 offset, 225/45 tire. roll the fenders and youll be good i think. im on stock suspension also.

This is a for sure thing as soon as I get some cash I`m buying them. I will go with 225/40/18 and roll the rear fenders..... If it looks as good as it did in Forza 3 I think we are all going to blow a load!

I just thought of this idea.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

You can run a 18 x 8 +45 with 225/40 and clear.
Consider a 7.5 wide wheel is .5 inch narrower which is 12.7mm.

With your 37 offset VS 45, the difference in how much farther they poke out is only 8mm.

Since the offset is measured from the center of the wheel, you have to divide the width difference in half, which would give you 1/2 of 12.7mm, which is 6.35mm narrower wheel.

Therefore 8mm-6.35mm= 1.65mm which is how much farther the Nt03 18x7.5 +37 should stick out VS a 18x8 +45.

This might look confusing to those reading it but I'm visualizing in my head and I think it's right.

Time for a brew.

I just thought of this idea.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

You can run a 18 x 8 +45 with 225/40 and clear.
Consider a 7.5 wide wheel is .5 inch narrower which is 12.7mm.

With your 37 offset VS 45, the difference in how much farther they poke out is only 8mm.

Since the offset is measured from the center of the wheel, you have to divide the width difference in half, which would give you 1/2 of 12.7mm, which is 6.35mm narrower wheel.

Therefore 8mm-6.35mm= 1.65mm which is how much farther the Nt03 18x7.5 +37 should stick out VS a 18x8 +45.

This might look confusing to those reading it but I'm visualizing in my head and I think it's right.

Time for a brew.

You are wrong. Way wrong. More wrong than anyone has ever been about anything ever before.

Maybe not that wrong, but still wrong.

A tire is mounted evenly across a wheel no matter the width of said wheel. Therefore the tires centerline is the same as the wheels centerline. Offset is the distance between the mounting pad and the wheels centerline or the difference between the mounting pad and the tires centerline. Makes no difference how wide the wheel is. In fact you gain a little clearance at the fender running a slightly stretched tire and lose a little when running a tire too wide for the wheel since the sidewall will bulge and tends to deform when striking road imperfections.

NINJA: I just re-read your post and you are spot on if you are only dealing with the wheel measurements. Wheels don't rub on fenders, tires do.

You are wrong. Way wrong. More wrong than anyone has ever been about anything ever before.

Maybe not that wrong, but still wrong.

A tire is mounted evenly across a wheel no matter the width of said wheel. Therefore the tires centerline is the same as the wheels centerline. Offset is the distance between the mounting pad and the wheels centerline or the difference between the mounting pad and the tires centerline. Makes no difference how wide the wheel is. In fact you gain a little clearance at the fender running a slightly stretched tire and lose a little when running a tire too wide for the wheel since the sidewall will bulge and tends to deform when striking road imperfections.

NINJA: I just re-read your post and you are spot on if you are only dealing with the wheel measurements. Wheels don't rub on fenders, tires do.

Hah!
Ok I get it that the 7.5 wheel will stand up the sidewall with the 225/40 more than the 8 inch wide wheel and I understand offset.

Two wheels of the same offset but with different widths - the wider wheel sticks out farther. It also sticks IN farther.

Two wheels with different offsets but with the same widths, the wheel with more positive offset does not poke out as far IE the car would have a narrower track.

I'll try one more time, and forget about tires at this point.
Measured from the centerline, the 8" wide wheel is .25 wider on each side in comparison to the 7.5" wide wheel. This is because 8-7.5=.5 and divided by 2, this equals .25 inches.

When both are mounted and compared, the 8" wide wheel in this comparison is moved inward relative to the centerline by 8mm more than the 7.5" wide wheel because it has more positive offset - (45mm - 37mm) = 8mm more positive offset.

The extra width of the 8" wide wheel however is .25 inches on both the inside and the outside of the wheel. In this example we are only concerned with fender clearance so the outside is what we are looking at. Converted to mm, .25in is 6.35mm.

Still with me?

So take the extra distance it's moved inward of 8mm, and then subtract the extra distance it's moved outward because of it's additional width which is 6.35mm and you get a difference of 1.65mm

I understand the key to your point is even if the difference between how much the outside of the two rims pokes out of the car only differs by this very small amount, the fact that the sidewall isn't stretched on the 7.5" wide wheel makes a big difference in the clearance to the fender. The wider wheel stretches the sidewall and gives it a rounded profile which provides more clearance to the fender when the suspension articulates and because of how the suspension articulates.

I only had two beers, but with it I had CANDY.

Hah!
Ok I get it that the 7.5 wheel will stand up the sidewall with the 225/40 more than the 8 inch wide wheel and I understand offset.

Two wheels of the same offset but with different widths - the wider wheel sticks out farther. It also sticks IN farther.

Two wheels with different offsets but with the same widths, the wheel with more positive offset does not poke out as far IE the car would have a narrower track.

I'll try one more time, and forget about tires at this point.
Measured from the centerline, the 8" wide wheel is .25 wider on each side in comparison to the 7.5" wide wheel. This is because 8-7.5=.5 and divided by 2, this equals .25 inches.

When both are mounted and compared, the 8" wide wheel in this comparison is moved inward relative to the centerline by 8mm more than the 7.5" wide wheel because it has more positive offset - (45mm - 37mm) = 8mm more positive offset.

The extra width of the 8" wide wheel however is .25 inches on both the inside and the outside of the wheel. In this example we are only concerned with fender clearance so the outside is what we are looking at. Converted to mm, .25in is 6.35mm.

Still with me?

So take the extra distance it's moved inward of 8mm, and then subtract the extra distance it's moved outward because of it's additional width which is 6.35mm and you get a difference of 1.65mm

I understand the key to your point is even if the difference between how much the outside of the two rims pokes out of the car only differs by this very small amount, the fact that the sidewall isn't stretched on the 7.5" wide wheel makes a big difference in the clearance to the fender. The wider wheel stretches the sidewall and gives it a rounded profile which provides more clearance to the fender when the suspension articulates and because of how the suspension articulates.

I only had two beers, but with it I had CANDY.

cricket.jpg

i'm bringing this thread back from the dead. Did we ever find out if we can run this wheel on our cars? The sizes and offsets are very limited in 18's
According to the Enkei website, this wheel comes in the following fitments.

18x7.5 37 offset
18x8.5 38 offset

Back