Protge321's Turbo Build

nope.. not adjustable.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-WGT-011B&Category_Code=VMSP

that is the one, i just looked at it and i think i can cut it and drill a new hole so that the flap is closed when its flush on the bracket. you can see in the picture the hole is at the very end, gives me some room on the flat surface to play with.

edit: i also have a stock wga that is adjustable, but i am fairly sure its shot. when i blow through the vacuum connection air comes out the small hole on the side.

Last edited:
so i have it boosting right now.. i drilled a hole in the waste-gate and the flap is closed until it opens up. now.. i have major bucking through shifts, feels like its gonna stall out. makes it very hard to drive. maybe not enough pressure being released?

so this morning i made a compression testing coupler. when i put air into the valve connected to the turbo inlet, my boost gauge didn't change, oil was bubbling in the pan, and air was being release through the hole in the valve cover, and the BOV was leaking as well.. at one point air was also releasing through the dip stick. i circle the main leak places in yellow, im gonna guess the pcv valve is bad. but the oil bubbling and pressure getting into the pan from the turbo intake isn't making much sense

any help is appreciated, thanks.

DSCN1492-1.jpg

Last edited:
hmmm idk thats kinda weird i'd start by checkin all your vac lines maybe somethinggs in the wrong spot or ur rings my be shot allowin the air to get to the oil pan.. do your burn alot of oil??? do a compression test on each cylinder that'll help find out

Last edited:
Mine did the same thing with roughly 60-65k miles on it when i did a boost leak test. Also my injectors leaked bad!

Edit: Mine leaked at the valve cover and what sounded like the oil dipstick but it turned out to be a huge ass leak at the fuel injector.

hmmm idk thats kinda weird i'd start by checkin all your vac lines maybe somethinggs in the wrong spot or ur rings my be shot allowin the air to get to the oil pan.. do your burn alot of oil??? do a compression test on each cylinder that'll help find out

ya the car burns oil bad, the guy we bought the car from didn't take care of it at all. im sure thats part of the problem

Mine did the same thing with roughly 60-65k miles on it when i did a boost leak test. Also my injectors leaked bad!

Edit: Mine leaked at the valve cover and what sounded like the oil dipstick but it turned out to be a huge ass leak at the fuel injector.

it turns out the injector seals were leaking, also the cap below the VICS solenoid on the IM was gone and its hard to see. after the cap was replaced and the seals were replaced it seems the hold solid boost now.

:the 626 mani will be going on next weekend and the WGA vacuum source is getting moved to the cold pipe, it should look and perform alot better. pics will be up.

Last edited:
Back