Protge321's Turbo Build

Yeah def get lsd man!!! s*** not havin lsd ****** sucks bad!!! my car is pretty worthless from a dig haha but then again i love boostin around them curves its great!! but i'll be goin lsd to eventually and make sure u have it welded so it'll hold up longer. nothin sucks more then breaking ur lsd after 3-4 launchins lol i've seen it happen lol

oh...i didnt even think to ask him lol

but i havent really looked at the TB, im sure i could figure it out

probably just take the coolant lines off the TB and extend them to the metal coolant lines on the turbo...that would be the easiest way i think
sick color BTW, ive honestly never seen another green protege, well at least not your shade lol

when i did the port & polish/VTCS Removal i got pretty familiar with them lol. thats my guess to, im sure DUB will have some feedback. thanks! i love green, you dont see to many green cars.

don't want to fill up your thread with my pics so here's some links!
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4774548&postcount=14581
this one's from autoX
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4565643&postcount=4

and i thought if you go with a SSAFC you don't need to run a msp ecu?

nice! i love it, its really clean. your going turbo soon also, correct?

its a piggyback, you still need the ECU

what he said.

Last edited:
If you can use ssafc to tune with an auto ecu i would say you likely don't NEED the msp ecu. However, the auto guys do have some tuning issues once they start going over stock boost.

xDJ DUBx im fairly sure diverted the water lines, i sent him a pm asking for some details, but no reply yet.

oh...i didnt even think to ask him lol

but i havent really looked at the TB, im sure i could figure it out

probably just take the coolant lines off the TB and extend them to the metal coolant lines on the turbo...that would be the easiest way i think

Yes he did, and thats pretty much how it was done, he has pictures of the lines he used somewhere in his thread

speaking of dub lol.

yeah, just need some coolant line to connect them. thats it.

Last edited:
i found the pic of his lines

DSC02294.jpg

lol, yup the SS lines hook up directly to the turbo then the rubber hose hooks onto the end of the SS with a hose clamp then the rubber lines goes into the stalk where the coolant comes out and would usually go into the throttle.

lol, yup the SS lines hook up directly to the turbo then the rubber hose hooks onto the end of the SS with a hose clamp then the rubber lines goes into the stalk where the coolant comes out and would usually go into the throttle.

can i ask you where you got those ss lines?

Bought em off of here from Rouge.

Hit up Twisfm, he had the same exact setup and bought his brand new so he'll be able to point u in the right direction.

My Protege is the Emerald Green, but it's the '01 LX 2.0. Only thing I don't like about it is that it shows scratches like crazy!

i'd have to agree to that, i have them everywhere, but i really don't bother anymore trying to to get rid of them...

so how's the rest of the build going? are you going to use a vacuum block?

I run one, it sounds great and looks pretty sweet. I've haven't seen anyone run a tial on the stock turbo so i can't say for sure how it will sound.

i think im going to run it, im a little confused about the drifferent size springs. say im going to run 6-8 maybe 9psi, what spring do i get?

i'd have to agree to that, i have them everywhere, but i really don't bother anymore trying to to get rid of them...

so how's the rest of the build going? are you going to use a vacuum block?

+1, i have scratches are all over my car, very noticable in the sun.
yes, i am , just added it to the list. :)

Back