Mazda 6 Driver's floor mat

edm6

Hi everyone,

I seem to have a problem that no one else does, at least my searches are coming up blank, so if you could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

I'm sure very few have actually looked at how the driver's floor mat is attached. The hook that comes through the hole is actually anchored to a thin stip of the carpet that lines the floor of the vehicle (!) rather than being, say, attached to anything sturdy and useful. This thin strip has now broken in my 6 with just over 100,000km (60,000 mi) on it - I bought the vehicle with 60,000 km on it. It's always been loose, but it is now essentially toast.

The only thing I can think of to get this mat snugged down and in place is to use heavy duty velcro on the corners of the mat. I know Toyota and Lexus' recent problems were solved with zip ties, but I can't find a way to do that in my car.

Before I velcro my floor mat up, I was wondering:

1. Are there any others out there that have this problem?
  2. How did you solve it?
  3. Any suggestions other than the velcro?

Thanks for the time, everyone.

I am actually having issues with my drivers floor mat as well. I have taken it to the dealer twice and never really got the problem resolved. My carpet is lifting and allowing the mat to slide forward about 2". I am still waiting to see if they replace or repair the carpet.

I havent looked back thar, but if you can see where this thin plastic strip was anchored... then maybe we could try and retrofit a metal, more solid custom piece to anchor/hook the floormat in place.

id hate to see you lay down a bunch of ugly velcro strips under the mat.
gl!

I havent looked back thar, but if you can see where this thin plastic strip was anchored... then maybe we could try and retrofit a metal, more solid custom piece to anchor/hook the floormat in place.

id hate to see you lay down a bunch of ugly velcro strips under the mat.
gl!

I wouldn't do strips. I would do 5 round fasteners. Two bottom corners, the corner by the clutch, and the two top corners under the gas/brake pedals.

Way better than having to move the @#$@! thing all the time.

My 6 is in for service... just rolled 100k kms / 60k miles, and a loooong list.

Back