Prosport Boost Gauge Wiring Help. I actually have a headache from thinking about it.

ok, in order to get the ceremony, you need to get a constant 12v. that means you either need to find a hot wire somewhere (with a tester or something..) or you need to run a wire directly to the pos battery terminal. you should have a yellow wire for that.

your red will still be your switched power (12v when car is on).

Sorry to cut in but, i'm assuming this "yellow" wire is coming from the car which usually represents a constant positive power in automobiles? I wouldn't go on that theory i'd use what you said first and use a DMM or test light and just make sure you have power when the key is in the off position.

The Cig lighter has a switching power and looses power when they key is turned off so its not a good place to tap in the red wire, but it is an ideal place to get the power for the white wire. Also that little bulb that is in for the Cig lighter that would be a ideal spot for the orange wire aka dimmer. (This is assuming white day amber night, switch the wires for amber day, white night)

If you want to check to make sure your gauge is working right run a test piece of wire from the positive battery lug and to the red wire, if the closing ceremony don't work then, something is wrong. Red is your constant 12V Power not switching power

Also just because you tap into the fuse box don't mean you have a constant 12V.

Last edited:
Sorry to cut in but, i'm assuming this "yellow" wire is coming from the car which usually represents a constant positive power in automobiles?

no no. the yellow coming from the gauge.

I wouldn't go on that theory i'd use what you said first and use a DMM or test light and just make sure you have power when the key is in the off position.

The Cig lighter has a switching power and looses power when they key is turned off so its not a good place to tap in the red wire, but it is an ideal place to get the power for the white wire. Also that little bulb that is in for the Cig lighter that would be a ideal spot for the orange wire aka dimmer. (This is assuming white day amber night, switch the wires for amber day, white night)

If you want to check to make sure your gauge is working right run a test piece of wire from the positive battery lug and to the red wire, if the closing ceremony don't work then, something is wrong. Red is your constant 12V Power not switching power

Also just because you tap into the fuse box don't mean you have a constant 12V.

its different for the premiums. the red is the acc power, yellow is constant.

I'm out installing one as we speak a premium and it only has Red Black Orange and White no yellow

I'm out installing one as we speak a premium and it only has Red Black Orange and White no yellow

thats how mine was no yellow or green wire.. Just red black orange and white..

I just need to run my red to a different power source then thats my problem..

Ok, they must have changes the design or something then cuz all the stuff I found was talking about a yellow.

Mine is a standard non-premium.

Ok, they must have changes the design or something then cuz all the stuff I found was talking about a yellow.

Mine is a standard non-premium.

Installed mine today no issues what so ever. White to the Cig lighter, orange to the little bulb by cig lighter and red to the fuse panel and black to ground. Mine lights up white in day and red in night time

Does it do the closing ceremony Drover? I have mine setup the exact same way and it cuts off when I turn the car off instead of doing the closing ceremony and saving the settings.

Yup it does, needle goes to the bottom, lights change like 4 different colors then the peak light goes out and it all shuts down. The beep is disabled too so i know it works

I don't get why mine won't work then.. How did you run it to the fuse box?

There is a empty fuse space there with a connection on only 1 side of the space well i just shoved a wire in there and put a spare fuse in it and works perfect, i'll take a picture later and show you

Okay I finally got it to work haha.. I was about fed up with it and then I finally got it.. Bye Bye annoying beep!! WOOT!! hahaha

Back