Shift Knobs

Greg03

:
2003 Mazda6
The metal plate on the top of my stock mazda6 shift knob is worn from years of use, and no longer has a shine or luster. does anyone know what i can do to make it look nice and shiny again?

ive got an extra one if you wanna trade for something.. i only use it for trips to the dealer.. oops sorry wrong shift pattern..

Do your shift knobs spin on the shifter? I can keep tightening and tightening mine, and it never seems to get on completely. When I bought it in September, the dealer put a brand new knob on it. Drives me nuts, because it doesn't stay in place.

TWM M1 Abrams in satin with the 6 speed pattern. Cold as **** when its cold out but looks awesome. Thats what i would reccomend getting if youpick a new one.

As for the scratches and luster, myne went a long time ago, i said **** it and got the M1.

Do your shift knobs spin on the shifter? I can keep tightening and tightening mine, and it never seems to get on completely. When I bought it in September, the dealer put a brand new knob on it. Drives me nuts, because it doesn't stay in place.

Keep spinning, it will eventually tighten up. I was thinking the same thing when I took it off to pull my stereo out, but eventually it tightened up all the way.

Zinger.. Pics?? i was thinking about gettin that shifter.. if you can post a pic so i can see it in the MS6 interior that would be helpful.. i cant imagine what it would look like for some reason.

oh.. ok.. so reguardless of the knob i choose the shifter will still be able to be pushed down and over to reverse?? because some TWM's advertise the RL version and the non-RL version of a knob.

oh.. ok.. so reguardless of the knob i choose the shifter will still be able to be pushed down and over to reverse?? because some TWM's advertise the RL version and the non-RL version of a knob.

Yes, shouldn't be a problem. I believe the RL specific are for other models that have it directly below the knob.

i have a stainless m1 for sale currently.. it looks fine in the interior but, i switched to black.. cuz it looks better to me.. but, it does look fine. i would skip the engraving though its barely visible on mine and makes it much harder to line up..(flame)

i actually wanted to go with engravingit in the matte black one and paint it with some sort of red paint.. i think that would look really cool.. havent put much thought into it yet tho.

im going to put red in the engraving.
i will see if i can dig up a pic.

oops, cant find any, will take one tomorrow.

id like to see the red in the engraving.. its just s little too shallow and not very visible for the extra $15..the matt black is very sharp though..

Back