Center Console Removal???

TippytheHippy

:
2008.5 White crystal MICA Mazdaspeed 3
I apologize if this has been posted. I have looked pretty much all around the site to no avail. I found the "peel Back" method but it only addresses the top of the console. What about the bottom? I also read all the sound deadening posts. One goes into great detail until it comes to the center console and then it says, " this post takes for granted you know how to remove the center console or go to TSW Per for a diagram." TSW only has the Mazda 6 and it is different. I have truly looked around before posting. Is there a post I am missing that describes hgow to "Totally" take the center console out? I have also read the short shifter posts.... Please point me in the right direction. Thanks tthippy

Sorry, I typed all this out yesterday but the computer froze up..... this site's been doing that a lot recently.

-Set parking brake, turn off ignition, open armrest compt., open ashtray, remove lighter from plug.
-grab front edge of open armrest (back of cupholders) and pull up to remove the cupholders.
-for MTX unscrew shift knob
-grab shifter surround and pull up to remove
-remove two phillips head screws from bottom of ashtray
-grab ashtray section (put thumb in lighter socket ensuring IGN is off) and pull back to release.
-unplug/release ashtray/airbag bulbs, and unplug lighter/lighter ring plugs
-remove two hex bolts from behind where the ashtray was..... 8mm I think
-remove two hex bolts from bottom of armrest compt., again 8mm I think
-slide entire console back to clear from the dash
-remove console from car.

Back