Heated Seats

Quickbeam

We bought a new Mazda 5 in June of this year. We found out shortly after we bought it that our heated seats did not work. We were first told by the dealer that there should be a fix "within the next couple of weeks". Sometime after that they said the seats would definitely be fixed before winter came. Now they are saying they hope they can get it fixed "before it gets really cold". I am not blaming the dealer here, as my understanding is that Mazda Canada is aware there is a problem with the heated seats in the 2009 Mazda 5 and is working on a solution. They just haven't come up with a fix yet.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if so what you are being told about it?

Oh, interesting. I have been having problems w/my heated seats, too, and was starting to think I was crazy. I know they worked, as during the summer a few times I had accidentally turned them on. A few weeks ago I turned them on to actually use them and they wouldn't heat. We took it in to the shop, who swore that the seats were working. We picked it up, they didn't work. Our sales guys sat in the car, agreed they didn't work. Supposedly they have ordered a part to fix them. Yesterday I was chilly so I tried them out agian and they DID work (boom03). I don't know what's up w/them (boom03).

Interesting. We have had no issues at all with our seats. We will definitely watch for any malfunctions now. Thanks.

Also have problem with driver seat heat...

It's starting to get cold in sweden and I turned my seat heating on just to find out that it doesn't work on the driver side. The indicator lamp is lighting but there isn't any heat coming. I haven't contacted the dealer yet but I will. A friend told me that the heating threads in the driver seat could snap if you put a knee to heavy on the seat. Anyone have had this problem?

It's starting to get cold in sweden and I turned my seat heating on just to find out that it doesn't work on the driver side. The indicator lamp is lighting but there isn't any heat coming. I haven't contacted the dealer yet but I will. A friend told me that the heating threads in the driver seat could snap if you put a knee to heavy on the seat. Anyone have had this problem?

hmm interesting, I'll have to keep that in the back of my head. Ours has been working fine so far, into our 3rd winter with it now. I swear there is some sort of feedback either based on the HVAC unit or body heat though.

There is a thread on this issue in another forum. There is a fellow in the U.S. who is actively working on this. His dealer has told him the issue is not a software issue, but rather is an issue regarding the placement of the thermostat. His dealer has a factory rep. coming in to look at the problem, but it is going to take a few weeks for this to happen. If I hear any more I'll let you know.

It seems that my seat is now working sporadically. If it is cold out, and I take the car out first thing in the morning, the heated seat seems to work. If I try using the heated seat later in the day however, it does not work.

I'll be into the dealer early next week for winter tires, and will see what they say from there.

Is your seat still warm hence it won't kick on until a cold temp? Ours turns off after a certain temp...no clue what it is. Would like it to stay on and keep warming my arse. :D

Is your seat still warm hence it won't kick on until a cold temp? Ours turns off after a certain temp...no clue what it is. Would like it to stay on and keep warming my arse. :D

I agree. I want the Mazda5 seat heaters to stay on like in my VW Golf TDI... toasty buns! (butt)

michael.

Well, I'm new here (1st post: ) ). Wife and I just picked up our 08 gt with 23k kms on it yesterday, and both noticed the lack of heat from the seats. Although, truth be told, we noticed the same thing on a test drive we did with an 2010 model last week as well. They'll give a little "blast" of heat, and then nothing really....weird. My 03 grand prix in comparison can practically cook you alive: ) Did a few google searches this morning and found the following:

"I was at my dealer today (on another matter - had winter tires put on) and am told that Mazda Canada now has a fix for the problem with the heated seats. It is some kind of "sensor pad". Not sure how it works, but I briefly saw the drawing the dealer had on their computer. It looks like some kind of pad that goes underneath the leather seats. I did not get into a lot of detail with them, but they did assure me that this is the fix. My dealer does not yet have the parts in stock and said they should have them within the next three weeks. I'll keep you posted. "

So I booked an appt with the dealer next week to take a look at that, and also to take a look at the vibrations were getting between 75-85 kmph. I forwarded them that email as well, as well as a tsb I found for 06-07 models that experience this exact same vibration at that speed, about bad # 3 and 4 motor mounts. I'll let you know what they say about the seats

I'd rather have heated seats that work to warm up a frozen cold seat, not to roast my balls off.

o/~ Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, jack frost nipping at your nose o/~

So far our 2010 acts like our 2007, it heats up pretty nicely then it seems to taper and not do much... though I'm fairly comfy and the seat certainly isn't cold either. By this time the HVAC has warmed the car up sufficiently as well. I agree that it doesn't work like other heated seats I've been in, my mom's audi would flat boil the sweat off your nards on a good day. The 5 seems to be very unagressive and tries to offer enough heat to take the edge off until the real heat comes on.

So far our 2010 acts like our 2007, it heats up pretty nicely then it seems to taper and not do much... though I'm fairly comfy and the seat certainly isn't cold either. By this time the HVAC has warmed the car up sufficiently as well. I agree that it doesn't work like other heated seats I've been in, my mom's audi would flat boil the sweat off your nards on a good day. The 5 seems to be very unagressive and tries to offer enough heat to take the edge off until the real heat comes on.

Where we are we are 'bundled' up already before getting into the car. So heated seat is kind of not needed. What I wish to have however is heated
steering wheel. Takes a while for this part of the car to warm up to the touch.

Back