Product Release: 2010 CorkSport MS3 Intake, Inlet, Racepipe & More

CorkSport

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Authorized Vendor
:
All Mazdas!
The 2010 CorkSport Mazdaspeed3 Power Series Intake System has been added to our website for sale and will be shipping out next Tuesday, October 27th. This system retails for $239 and includes both a short ram intake and a mandrel bent turbo inlet pipe. It's an awesome value with high quality construction, billet black anodized MAF housing with stainless threaded inserts for a strong connection and cross-threading prevention. Includes our CorkSport filter utilizing AEM DryFlow synthetic media and an internal velocity stack as well as five layer reinforced silicone couplers.

2010MS3_Intake.jpg

Our 2010 CorkSport Power Series Racepipe featuring stock outlet flange or 80mm outlet flange creates a massive boost in torque and a nice boost in horsepower as well. Simple install using factory hangers and flanges with an optional high flow catalytic converter. Ships Tuesday, Oct 27th (depending on configuration).

Axe-6-114-1212560602694addf56dd59ae.jpg

Finally, right around the corner we'll be releasing the 2010 CorkSport Power Series Downpipe featuring a divorced wastegate dump tube for best flow optimization and spooling charachteristics. Fully TIG welded T304 stainless steel with a monolithic turbo flange means excellent sealing and longevity. Gorgeous welds and polished piping gives your engine compartment a look commensurate with the level of performance you'll be hammering to the pavement. We're hoping to have these out in the next two weeks in production quantities.

Axe-6-113-1012560593904addf1fe8c68d.jpg

The CorkSport Intake & Turbo Inlet Pipe crank out peak gain of 36 horsepower and 26 ft lb of torque at the wheels means a staggering bang for your buck. $6.63/whp.

app9280931256069124.jpg

Add in the Racepipe and the wheel horsepower hits 269.58 for a gain of 42 horses. With the Downpipe, it jumps 10 more for 51 horsepower gain at 5400RPM and 293 ft lb of torque.

Want to go the high torque route? Run the 65mm exit racepipe alone with the Intake/Inlet pipe and break the 300 ft lb of torque mark with 32 ft lb of torque gained at 4100RPM. Hope you have a good relationship with your local tire shop. You're gonna need it.

And our Dual 3" CatBack Exhaust w/ 4" dual wall tips is coming along well too - but you'll have to wait a bit longer for that one.

Want a comprehensive high quality induction and exhaust system for your 2010 Speed 3 and don't want to lose your wallet? Talk to us. Have ideas for products that we're not working on yet? Tell us!

Overall when the DP is released you can buy all three for $687 and make 51 extra horsepower at the wheels. Total package is $13/whp.

Jason Griffith
Product Development Engineer
CorkSport Mazda Performance
CorkSport Mazda Performance - 360-260-CORK
Want updates regularly? CorkSport Mazda (CorkSport) on Twitter

Last edited:
Very impressive numbers. The link for product ideas does not work btw. However, you should think about producing some molded mud flaps for the 07-09 mazdaspeed 3. There is definitely a demand for them out there.

Very impressive numbers. The link for product ideas does not work btw. However, you should think about producing some molded mud flaps for the 07-09 mazdaspeed 3. There is definitely a demand for them out there.

Thanks for the heads up, it's fixed. Front or rear mudflaps? Wish I had a photo of my 2010 - it looks like I was running it up Pike's Peak after the last few days in the rain/grime on the roads.

Jason

Thanks for the heads up, it's fixed. Front or rear mudflaps? Wish I had a photo of my 2010 - it looks like I was running it up Pike's Peak after the last few days in the rain/grime on the roads.

Jason

Both preferably! Anything would be better than the rally armor ones. All you have to do is modify a set made for the regular 3 hatch to work with our sideskirts, and make the mould. I'm not saying that it is easy or anything, merely easier for you than I. Please, please, please come through on this one.

First off, the gains shown in the dyno were from lowest to highest power: Stock; Intake + Inlet Pipe; Racepipe; Downpipe. So the top line is with three bolt ons including the downpipe which will be released shortly.

As for the splitter/diffuser/air straightener, whatever you want to call it, there are some times where the diffuser is necessary during transient low load situations. For that reason, we include it in the intake kit, it snaps into the MAF housing with a press fit. However, it is also removable, so you can take it out when you're at the track to pick up a couple of hp (1-3 depending on environmental conditions). It has no benefit at wide open throttle. We have only seen the P0171 code without it during low load (idle and extremely low load cruise / partial throttle decel).

From what we have seen, in dry conditions above ~70 degrees F, it won't trip the check engine light. Tests on this were done over the course of 1-2 months at slightly above sea level (basically from the time we got the car to a few weeks ago when the weather started cooling off and the rain came back) and we saw no CEL's. In fact, the only time we have seen the CEL without the splitter was with the full turboback exhaust as well, and we haven't yarded the downpipe back off to test it in these conditions.

Enough info? If not, let me know and we'll provide more detail.

Jason Griffith
http://www.corksport.com

Nice Looking Products as always!!! and great numbers as well.. just wanna let u know that the link's to the first 2 products in the post arent working jason.. i dunno if its my computer but there not working for me.

Last edited:
DSC_1490.jpg

Also a photo of it in the car. As a note for people curious about the Short Ram Intake (SRI) vs. a Cold Air Intake (CAI), our solution to the CAI benefit of getting colder air instead of pulling part of its air from the hotter portion of the engine compartment is a thermally isolated cold air box that we will be offering to compliment this intake in the near future.

Either way, our system as sold pulls much cooler air than does the factory air box, and once you're up to a 25-30mph speed, the intake air temps drop rapidly.

Here's some detail on our CorkSport Cold Air Boxes from the CS Blog. In stop and go traffic we saw roughly a 28-32 degree drop in temperature at the filter for a filter surface temperature roughly equivalent (within 2-3 degrees) of ambient air temperature.

And a photo of the cold air box we have designed for the 2007-2009 COBB SF Intake System:

01.jpg

Also, one other update, we'll be ordering up some other color options shortly - we have red silicone in stock, we have Red CorkSport DryFlow air filters on order as of yesterday and we're ordering up black silicone couplers for the MS3 intake and MZ3 intakes next week. I'm also running three prototype MAF housings over to the anodizer and having them done in Red, Blue and Gold and will be posting a poll to find out which we should make the most of in our next production run. Right now the parts are all black anodized w/ milled logo and airflow indicator.

Thanks,

Jason Griffith
http://www.corksport.com

Jason, did you do any testing comparing the straight-through vs the high flow cat on the racepipe? Would I still notice the same or close to the same gains you are showing if I opted for the high-flow cat?

I'd imagine you'd see a slight decrease with the high flow cat on the dyno, but probably not enough to register on the butt dyno.

Jason

Only 10hp increase with the downpipe? For the 07-09 models the gains were around 21hp if I'm not mistaken. Why the difference now?

i'm mad curious about the dp/rp...it looks like the same s*** for the gen1. were dimensions changed at all?
i want to know how much changing had to happen in order to make a gen1 cs dp fit a gen2 car. if at all possible. merely for curiosity's sake.

Only 10hp increase with the downpipe? For the 07-09 models the gains were around 21hp if I'm not mistaken. Why the difference now?

Because when I have released the dyno numbers on this car, all of the gains are staged - we started with the intake/turbo inlet, added the racepipe, added the downpipe. We could go out and tell you what a RP on a car with no other mods gains you, which would certainly be a higher number...but what we want to avoid is having our customers think that bolt on modifications give additive performance and then being dissapointed when they go to the dyno. Plus, this keeps our development costs down by not having to put parts on/off/on again and do multiple dyno runs for both configurations. If you just shell out the money for the racepipe alone, you're going to get a higher differential gain than we see above the installation of the intake. Same if not more is true of the Downpipe. I will probably dyno test the first car we get that just has a downpipe alone - because we know that is a huge gain from the behavior of the previous generation.

This all tells you something - tuning on top of these mods can produce some serious results.

My blog post should be posted today at the CorkSport Blog regarding the staged dyno results of all three products (similar to this post, but some extra information and details).

Jason
CorkSport

boostedspd6 was making some sets of these for both the speed 3/6. not sure how far along he is but his product was said to be finished around christmas time ready for orders....

I'm looking into the mudflap options as well. I have some good ideas about them and found some molding companies who can make them out of Urethane, Rubber or Silicone as well...but that's about as far as I've got thus far.

jason

are you going to make the black couplers an option for the 1st gen MS3, and also add the air straightner?

Back