N2MB WOT Box / 2step

They work, but some people prefer not to splice into important wires. Why get this for $200 when you can get an AP with datalogging and tuning capabilities for $550?

In the FS section. I usually see people haggle down to $550 or so. Check the MS3 section as well, since they are the same unit.

i got mine for 520 shipped to canada. and i just saw one go yesterday for 475 shipped in the lower 48. like steve said just keep an eye on the fs sections and u should have one by the end of next week

Yeah I just got one for 500. They are selling all over with the slow economy. Join multiples forums and keep your eyes peeled. Most sell between 5-600.

I wish I could afford an AP right now. But I do have the wotbox, bought it locally from a friend. Its pretty neat. I love the flat foot shifting, only used the 2 step launch once because I'm worried about my diff breaking. So until I get a better rear diff, I won't use the launch that much. Down the road, I hope to get my hands on an AP eventually..

Its frigging awesome. HAHA i got myne for 400 bucks... CANADIAN :) woot!

speed3 owner blew up his car and what a classy guy to have such a bad thing happen to. but i got a great deal :)

The cobb ap like mentioned before is a greater investment then a N2MB wot box. plus it adds powah!(rockon)

I have not got the Cobb AP yet but I have one of the first WOT boxes every released for the SRT-4 and it is a very good product. Cuts the ignition to allow smooth WOT shifts. If u WOT shift ur car this product is a must IMO. Has helped me shift my SRT-4 at 700whp all year!

There is a problem with the WOT Boxes out on the market for the MS3 and 6. The problem is that it cuts ignition and not fuel. Why is this a problem, you ask?

When you cut ignition instead of fuel, you are exhausting raw fuel which can wash cylinder walls as well as ruin or otherwise render your catalytic converters useless. The Cobb AP cuts fuel instead of ignition for this very reason. Essentially, the Cobb AP with Flat-Foot Shifting and Launch-Control configured does everything the WOT Box does better than the WOT Box does it. Additionally, you get the benefit of added power via different tunes available for the AP.

Save your money and your cats. Go with the Cobb AP.

Wouldn't fuel cut at high rpm be BAD... prolonged exposure (unlikely yes, but same time frame as ignition cut) leading to too high of EGT?

I dont have cats. WOT box has been in my car for 2 years....my car was the test car. no issues with cylinderwash.

THe ignition is cut for .300 milliseconds or something like that. At high rpms what minute fuel isnt burned is not left in the cylinders.

If you are having issues with cylinder wwash. Check ur tune for richness and your setup for the bpv or bov.

Since we are on the wot box subject. Im curious to know who has the wot box and had the opportunity to utilize the user interface for it? I was a beta tester for the software and i must say that it makes it even more impressive than before.

BAsically you can hook it up to your computer. Fine tune the voltages and activation points enable and disable feature. Adjust and enable or disable lockouts and etc. I llove it.

Fuel cut and ignition cut both have downsides so the only reason the AP is better is becaause the tune. Not the no lift shift and 2 step function.

Fuel cut heats the cylinders

Ignition cut bypasses the fuel to the exhaust

Replace cat due to possible fuuel in it...or replace a motor because the piston got hot due the fuel cut.

Id replace the cat. Most people performance oriented have test pipes anyway so the fuel is a mot point. And the wot box doesnt cut the same cylinder over and over again. It alternates each cycle so the fuel is burned mostly on the next cycle.

Fuel cut reduces the fuel at the injector consistantly every cycle.

again....if the AP was only for 2step and no lift shift...niether would be better.

Fuel cut and ignition cut both have downsides so the only reason the AP is better is becaause the tune. Not the no lift shift and 2 step function.

Fuel cut heats the cylinders

Ignition cut bypasses the fuel to the exhaust

Replace cat due to possible fuuel in it...or replace a motor because the piston got hot due the fuel cut.

Id replace the cat. Most people performance oriented have test pipes anyway so the fuel is a mot point. And the wot box doesnt cut the same cylinder over and over again. It alternates each cycle so the fuel is burned mostly on the next cycle.

Fuel cut reduces the fuel at the injector consistantly every cycle.

again....if the AP was only for 2step and no lift shift...niether would be better.

While I agree with you that holding at the fuel-cutting rev limit for prolonged times would heat cylinders, in practical application the cylinder temperature change would be negligable. Because of the fuel cut, an inferior combustion event would occur in comparison to a combustion cycle without fuel cut. There is less fuel to initiate and carry out the reaction.

As far as replacing an engine because a piston got too hot, I don't agree that this would be the cause of that unless you deliberately intended to blow an engine using this. In that event, it can be argued that you would arrive at the same outcome if you were pegging off of any rev limiter.

The raw fuel is not a moot point for the Mazdaspeed folks. The MS3 and MS6 both have two catalytic converters. The second cat is removed via the test pipe, but there is still another in the downpipe. Most users of the MZR DISI 2.3T platform, although they would like to, will not ever install a catless downpipe. Most go with a high-flow catted downpipe, which is still affected by the raw fuel. It should also be noted that the droplets of fuel that are exhausted have the potential for critical damage of the turbine wheel when the turbine is at high revolutions (i.e. wide-open throttle).

While I agree with you that holding at the fuel-cutting rev limit for prolonged times would heat cylinders, in practical application the cylinder temperature change would be negligable. Because of the fuel cut, an inferior combustion event would occur in comparison to a combustion cycle without fuel cut. There is less fuel to initiate and carry out the reaction.

As far as replacing an engine because a piston got too hot, I don't agree that this would be the cause of that unless you deliberately intended to blow an engine using this. In that event, it can be argued that you would arrive at the same outcome if you were pegging off of any rev limiter.

The raw fuel is not a moot point for the Mazdaspeed folks. The MS3 and MS6 both have two catalytic converters. The second cat is removed via the test pipe, but there is still another in the downpipe. Most users of the MZR DISI 2.3T platform, although they would like to, will not ever install a catless downpipe. Most go with a high-flow catted downpipe, which is still affected by the raw fuel. It should also be noted that the droplets of fuel that are exhausted have the potential for critical damage of the turbine wheel when the turbine is at high revolutions (i.e. wide-open throttle).

TOTally agree with the point of overusing the features. For both fuel cut and ignition cut. The turbos wont neccsarily be affected by a mist of fuel what lil fuel there is.

Cats do have a tolerance for fuel ,if they didnt most cars would be replacing them under 50k. MOstly cars run pig rich stock to keep the cats cool anyway.

Overuse is basically the only thing that would cause damge to an engine with the ap or n2mb method.

Lmao.......thru this talk about cats...my silly ass just remembered i put a new exhaust on my car. Lol, im not running str8s anymore...HF cat and resonated with CF muffflers. But im upp to 3" from the the turbos back rathr than the 2.5 i ran with the str8s.

I love the new user interface for the wot box tho. Lol

Back