Mark's 2004 MSM Build

No problem. I doubt you'll be disappointed. They made me a set short enough to properly work on my suspension and maintain proper geometry / pre-load (or lack thereof), because no one else sold a set that would properly work. Didn't charge a dime over regular price :)
well, i've tried twice to order a set and he won't reply/respond to any of my emails????
Mahk, I'd say just go with the Flyin' Miata piece. Mine (before the cat was cut out) is a very nice looking piece with 2 bungs.
ordering today i hope...mike was going to get back to me yesterday on a price shipped for the intake and mid pipe?
Mahk, are you having the little lag issue where the car kinda falls on its face right before it rips your face off?
nope, it's when i come off the gas the idle drops to almost 0 then bounces around a bit befor it settles down, very distracting, feels like it's gonna die...it's a well known issue with injen on the msm...unfortunately i didn't know!

well, i've tried twice to order a set and he won't reply/respond to any of my emails????

I can't speak for their company unfortunately. I ordered my set through 949Racing back a few years when they were selling the GG endlinks. Sorry to hear about the bad service (or complete lack of) so far. Have you tried calling? It wouldn't be the 1st time I've dealt with a business that has crap ass service over e-mail, but if you call them over the phone, they're always right on spot. Who knows, worth a shot.

so mike at FM got my order in for the intake.....the FM mid pipe only works with their muffler...so looks like i'll be going with begi...they sell just the mid pipe!!

Subbing!
I'm sort of jealous of you Miata guys...I miss driving RWD and doing so while topless.

I'm so tempted to change this thread title to "Mahk's"

I can't speak for their company unfortunately. I ordered my set through 949Racing back a few years when they were selling the GG endlinks. Sorry to hear about the bad service (or complete lack of) so far. Have you tried calling? It wouldn't be the 1st time I've dealt with a business that has crap ass service over e-mail, but if you call them over the phone, they're always right on spot. Who knows, worth a shot.

so i spoke with the owner last week...he's not selling them thru his site, just to locals that he installs them on...oh well...got a set from moss
down pipe and mid pipe on the way
grom ipod adapter for the bose
new boost guage, well new to me (not my set up) will be going in my new dual vent pod (thanks ben)
guage.jpg
attachment.php

Last edited:
subbing! looks good! i just got an '05 myself!

...but i must say, your license plate might be blocking some direct air flow to our wallet sized intercooler... unless you've already moved it out of the way?

plate 2.jpg
attachment.php

and the plate flips up horizontial at 30 mph...i stay legal (sos to speak) but get all the air the new IC needs!
attachment.php

Attachments

• FMI2.jpg
    FMI2.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 2,718
Last edited:
Kind of on the high side price wise. If he can knock off $100 or $150, I'd say do it.

Is yours going out?

If yes, then do it. If not... I'd say leave it be for a bit. The powerplant frame bolts can be a total ***** (as I'm finding out).

50$? wow...i'm going to hold off, maybe find something cheaper in the fall...on anoher note, took a chance on an ebay down and mid pipe...another msm owner i know bought one last yr and so far no issues, he said the welds and fit were great....we'll see!
!CFjeS)wBWk~$(KGrHqV,!k0E1F5(CY!3BNVeyZmY6w~~0_12.jpeg
attachment.php

Last edited:
Ouch. LOL. Mine runs... and now that the powerplant frame has been replaced, all I have to do now is finish the springs and set it down.

Back