Mark's 2004 MSM Build

changed the oil and filter, that was fun! new begi BPV will be here fri...painting the IC tomorrow....
rx8_miata9.jpg

hmmmm, methinks I've seen an RX8 in that spot before ;)

Looks great Mahk!

Looks like you are into mods

I have a Flyin Miata intake but kind of wish i had the AEM intake because it looks as though it would be able to suck in cooler air near the front of the engine bay but I like my Flyin Miata intake. Buying the intake & turning up the boost made a big difference. My car went from 0-60 in 6.7 seconds to 0-60 in 5.5 sec from the FM intake & being able to turn up the boost.

I bought a Flyin Miata downpipe & it helped the engine flow better & made the car a little faster.

My favorite mod is my Devils own progressive water methanol injection kit. It made a huge difference in raw power. At 14.5 psi it feels like a V8 under the hood.

If i want my car quiet & slow i leave the muffler on if i want my car to sound bad a$$ & make it a little faster i take the muffler off & bolt on a short straight pipe i made that fits on with the bolts that go to the midpipe. It takes me like 2 to 3 minutes to take the muffler off & on by hand & install the short bolt on pipe. With a little bit of oil, the exhaust hangars slide off & on by hand.

Last edited:
haha....you guys are funny..i'm yet to get my IC on hoepfully thurs...my mom ended up in the hospital and i was away for a week...so...i'm looking forward to some more modding.msmjohn, we'll talk more...i like what you've done!!
oh, my previous "modmobile"
attachment.php

Last edited:
thanks man!

(fight)
one of these day i'm going to get to
ra_logo.gif
and we'll meet up...

:D I'd love to have you down here dude

EDIT: Holding a scatter gun in the avatar? You mean the Commonwealth hasn't stripped you entirely of that right yet? :p

Last edited:
Oh man... Andrew, can you imagine the group of us down at the BBQ place again? That'd be pure insanity. Hahaha.

hi, just installed my front new (used) IC...washed the engine bay a bit, min water...anyway, start the car and i have a wicked high idle? can't knock it down? any ideas? thanks

Biggest change was the IC, I don't think the water would cause that. Check for intake leaks. Spray some carb cleaner around any of the couplers that you messed with to see if the idle changes.

it was an ecu learning thing...disconnected the battery and reconnected...no probs!

Back