CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BoostedSpd6's Build Thread

06 Mazdaspeed 6. Black Mica.

Nice and well done. Only thing I wanted to ask is about the intercooler hanging a little low below the grill. Did you cut the crash bar? It just look weird to me.
    2006 Black Mica Mazdaspeed 6

SteedSpeed Top mount T3 GT3076.=]

Donated: $10

MazdaSpeed 6

Quote Originally Posted by amilliems6 View Post
    I see that Zaino did some good work for you in that last pic
    haha yes it sure did..it works great on dark colored cars!!! i love it

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    nice work on the thread...car looks amazing!
    Thanks Mark!! as i said before it took me 3 hours lol, and theres still more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by cpspeed6 View Post
    That is a great looking Speed.
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by ms6zoomzoom View Post
    Nice and well done. Only thing I wanted to ask is about the intercooler hanging a little low below the grill. Did you cut the crash bar? It just look weird to me.
    i actually get that question alot..the crash bar isnt cut at all..which was a descision made by me and my local body tech, its there for a reason, that reason being safety in a front end crash, so its there to stay lol..and to add to that my personal feeling is that removing the bar would make the car unsafe from a unibody standpoint as it is tied into it, so if u auto x it or drive it hard u could twist the unibody with the bar removed or cut.

edit: found the TIP pic and a few others.. enjoy!
    Last edited by BoostedSpd6; 10-17-2009 at 12:57 AM.

06 Mazdaspeed 6. Black Mica.

i actually get that question alot..the crash bar isnt cut at all..which was a descision made by me and my local body tech, its there for a reason, that reason being safety in a front end crash, so its there to stay lol..and to add to that my personal feeling is that removing the bar would make the car unsafe from a unibody standpoint as it is tied into it, so if u auto x it or drive it hard u could twist the unibody with the bar removed or cut.
    I understand. That's why I've been contemplating on whether I should get an FMIC or not. I really don't want to cut the crash bar for that reason so that's why I think I'll just go with an upgraded TMIC and go FMIC when I go big turbo or something.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Mazdaspeed 3

Looks nice dude.
    TR Mazdaspeed 3 Cp 9.5.1 pistons and pauter rods ,ARP head and main studs,clevite main bearings, cosworth rod bearings/Steedspeed manifold/CPe sri,turbo inlet,motor mount,hks bov,fuel pump,standback with pnp and flash/Greddy tt/corksport Cbe /SU solid shifter spacers/Boost gauge/35% Tint/Turboxs DP,RP and FMIC/cobb shifter weight/BSD kit with baffle/Grimmspeed EBCS/Tuned by P3

MazdaSpeed 6

Quote Originally Posted by Speedkid View Post
    Looks nice dude.
    Thanks dude!!!!!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2003 Mazda6 3.0L Speed Yellow

Love the pics, and yes, thank you for your email I've just been busy lately with my college classes and clinicals, finally will have a chance this weekend to get the pics on my website. Thanks again!

MazdaSpeed 6

Quote Originally Posted by Metallic36 View Post
    Love the pics, and yes, thank you for your email I've just been busy lately with my college classes and clinicals, finally will have a chance this weekend to get the pics on my website. Thanks again!
    Thanks Jennifer. that sounds Awesome!!! ill try to keep u updated with the latest photos of the car but with winter coming up, plus i put on my stock rims and winter tires i dont think they'll be too many lol.. next spring hell yeah!!!

Registered Member

2006 MS6 GT

Very nice MS6...But PLEASE remove all the crappy blue hose....It makes your engine bay looks RICE!!!!

MazdaSpeed 6

Quote Originally Posted by ms6z View Post
    Very nice MS6...But PLEASE remove all the crappy blue hose....It makes your engine bay looks RICE!!!!
    Not gonna happen.. if my car is rice as u say, then theres alot of riced out MS6's out there, it covers up the UGLY grey wire loom and exposed wires that come stock on the car, im sure if u removed the TMIC before u would see that.. pictures make that blue loom come out really light in color,its all dark blue.. goes with my theme, my goal with the car is to make it be a show car and race car. that engine bay u say is "rice" will hopefully push over 350 AWHP next month on a dyno..
    Last edited by BoostedSpd6; 10-17-2009 at 06:12 PM.

2011 Mustang GT

Overall, I really like the work you've done. The blue isn't for me, but at least you did it completely, so it looks good.

My own personal dislike is the way you did the exhausts, not using the valence piece. I prefer the cleaner look, but different strokes for different folks. Very nicely written listing too.

EDIT - I didn't see any pics of the Corksport TBE, but I'd like to see the rear with that installed.
    Last edited by tunersteve; 10-17-2009 at 06:11 PM.
    Steve
    2011 Mustang GT Premium
    430 rwhp / 409 rwtq

Have a question - PM me

MazdaSpeed 6

Quote Originally Posted by tunersteve View Post
    Overall, I really like the work you've done. The blue isn't for me, but at least you did it completely, so it looks good.

My own personal dislike is the way you did the exhausts, not using the valence piece. I prefer the cleaner look, but different strokes for different folks. Very nicely written listing too.

EDIT - I didn't see any pics of the Corksport TBE, but I'd like to see the rear with that installed.
    yes it'll look better soon .. i have the brand new plastic pieces for both sides of the rear bumper coming in along with the bezels, the corksport is said to sit inside the bezels and im going to powdercoat the bezels black.. should look stock looking but it wont be hehe.. ill post the pics up when its all installed, it looks kinda goofy now because the corksport is way smaller then the piece i had cut out for the old exhaust...

2006 Mazdaspeed 6

Great progress thread, I love the work you've done.

Marko - The Photoshop God

What a Duke-tastrophe... Jay Davidson's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2006 VRM Mazdaspeed6 GT, 1983 RX-7 GSL

Gary, I'm gonna ask you a really, really lame question:

What sort of gas mileage are you getting with all these assorted modifications?

By the bye, I dig the blue accents under the hood.

-Jay

MazdaSpeed 6

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Davidson View Post
    Gary, I'm gonna ask you a really, really lame question:

What sort of gas mileage are you getting with all these assorted modifications?

By the bye, I dig the blue accents under the hood.

-Jay
    haha well i was getting better then factory mileage before putting on the DP, Exhaust Mani.. and then i also switched my exhaust.. so now.. get ready for this.. im getting about 18 highway :'(, lol i know thats bad and about 14 city :'(.. those are numbers from last week.. so its sorta like having a V8.

but i mean if u drove my car u wouldnt care about the gas mileage, its way too much fun!!!!!

2008 TR Mazdaspeed 3

Fantastic man. My favorite speed6 on the forum.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast