Can't find *ANY* 20" Yokohama Parada X Tires. Ideas?

Forgot to mention though that Mr. Tire's rep tried to sell me some wrangler HPs for my 9. Get the hell out of here I says after looking at the tire. BTW the 255 Yokos are $10 cheaper vs. the 245 on tirerack. Go figure?
gy_wranglerhp_ci2_l.jpg

Last edited:
So apparently Mr. Tire will have to special order the parada spec-x tires from Yoko directly. It might take a week or so. That means I will be takin' the bus into DC for a week or so.

On another note, if you are looking for the second best tire to the Paradas (according to tire rack ratings) the Michelin latitude tour HPs are hot on tire rack. $193 where discount tire and local shops here want in the $290s. Jump on it while you can.

So is everyone buying the Paradas because they're a good all-season tire? I'm looking at getting a setup to drive in the snow and ice around here and to be able to head up to the mountain. After seeing that someone just paid $1059 for a set of these I'm a little shocked. Especially because they're in the northwest like me. I don't know if they ever plan on going to a mountain or not, but my question is would I be able to head up to the mountain with snow and ice on the ground with the Paradas?

I just put together an 18" setup with the Blizzaks and some random rims for about $1100 shipped from Tire Rack which will allow me to put chains on as well, if necessary.

I'm just really at a loss right now as to what to do to make sure I can actuallly drive around this winter, especially if it's anything like last year.

Are those of you buying the Parada's rolling on 20's? If so, do you ever plan on visiting a ski resort or driving in rather nasty weather w/out chains?

I'd get snow tires for those conditions, too. Then you shouldn't need chains.

From reading the other posts, the Paradas are good for mild intermittent snow and ice, not full blown winter in the upper states.

Why are you asking if you already have a snow tire set? You sound like you're all ready for winter.

Last edited:
$1059 is the total with alignment AND harzard insurance.
W/o them, you are looking at about ~$850.
Parada Spec-X is probably the best all-season for CX9.
On snow and ice, all-seasons can't beat snow tires.
However, Spec-X is way better than other all-season tires on snow and ice.

If you want the Paradas better plan on waiting. I called Discount tire, Tire rack, Mr. Tire, various local Shops, and Yokohama and it seems there is a national backorder. They still have many unfilled orders. Since I am currently running on a donut I do not have that luxury so I went with the Pirelli Scorpion STR. I know it is not a good for grip as the Parada, but at this point bannana peels would be better than the Droolers.

Discount tire sell the scorpions for $123 whereas Mr. Tire is $186. Tires will be here Monday and the total damage was $533 w/ road hazzard and there is a $40 mail-in rebate as well. Install w/ alignment will run $120. $533+$120-$40 = $613 not bad IMO.

If you want the Paradas better plan on waiting. I called Discount tire, Tire rack, Mr. Tire, various local Shops, and Yokohama and it seems there is a national backorder. They still have many unfilled orders. Since I am currently running on a donut I do not have that luxury so I went with the Pirelli Scorpion STR. I know it is not a good for grip as the Parada, but at this point bannana peels would be better than the Droolers.

Discount tire sell the scorpions for $123 whereas Mr. Tire is $186. Tires will be here Monday and the total damage was $533 w/ road hazzard and there is a $40 mail-in rebate as well. Install w/ alignment will run $120. $533+$120-$40 = $613 not bad IMO.

i believe at tirerack.com you can get the Pirellis for $100 each (there are 2 different ratings for the tires and the lower rating is at this price, but i think it's still rated to go up to ~109 mph which would be fine for most people). not to give u buyer's remorse, just to let others who may be getting the Pirellis more options to compare.

Yah, I noticed the lower price for the lower rated tire, but 109 MPH is too slow, specially here in DC. ;.)

I'd get snow tires for those conditions, too. Then you shouldn't need chains.

From reading the other posts, the Paradas are good for mild intermittent snow and ice, not full blown winter in the upper states.

Why are you asking if you already have a snow tire set? You sound like you're all ready for winter.

I haven't actually bought the set yet, just running through my options. Sounds like I'll probably go for the Blizzaks. There are times here where chains are required to go over the passes, even with traction tires, so I have to be able to put chains on them. Anyone know if the stock 18's can have chains put on them? If i get the same size tire as the stock wheel on the touring, can I put chains on them???

The manual only recommends not putting chains on the 20" due to clearance. 18's should be fine. One more reason I had no desire to get a GT.

The manual only recommends not putting chains on the 20" due to clearance. 18's should be fine. One more reason I had no desire to get a GT.

Yeah, these low profile tires w/ the inablity to have chains have bit me in the ass with two cars now. I'm going to try really hard the next time I buy a car to check the manual to see if you're able to put chains on. I didn't even think about it at the time and now it's going to cost me. I wanted the GT because of the nice big rims, nav, and every other amenity that I haven't had in a car before... Just didn't know it was really going to cost me another $1000 to have it.

I haven't actually bought the set yet, just running through my options. Sounds like I'll probably go for the Blizzaks. There are times here where chains are required to go over the passes, even with traction tires, so I have to be able to put chains on them. Anyone know if the stock 18's can have chains put on them? If i get the same size tire as the stock wheel on the touring, can I put chains on them???

I bought these Blizzak DMZ-3s last winter based on all the horror stories I heard. Took off my 20" GT Bridgestone and installed this set. These are 18" tires on 18" rims. The 18" were about $100 cheaper per tire is the reason I went down a size. Just press a button on the NAV and the odometer is corrected for any tire size variance.

Attachments

• Blizzak- DMZ-3-0002-1.jpg
    Blizzak- DMZ-3-0002-1.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 223
  • Blizzak- DMZ-3-0005.JPG
    Blizzak- DMZ-3-0005.JPG
    636.1 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_1253.JPG
    IMG_1253.JPG
    709.1 KB · Views: 226
Too bad I was already 300 miles into my spare. I had to bite the bullet and go with the Prielli STR A.

I've had the new 245/50R-20 Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires on my CX-9 for about a month now, and I really love 'em. What a change from the factor tires that had 36K+ miles on them. The ride is smooth, stable, and so quiet. And they performed really well in last week's HUGE rain storm in the Seattle area.

I'm so happy I paid the extra $$$ to get these tires.

Back