DDM 6000K bulb replacement

Hey Steve or anyone actually about the housing in the foglights. I bent it and after awhile it cracked off. However, I cant get it out because the hole is too small to fit it through. Am I supposed to bend it somehow to get it out? Im doing this from under car and basically just wanna figure out how to get that housing out.

Thanks

Ok now it's my turn to ask a question. Been thinking about switching in some 6000k bulbs into my lowbeams.This may be a really dumb question but i just need some clarification which one is brighter, just the bulb replacement or the 55w kit?

Ok now it's my turn to ask a question. Been thinking about switching in some 6000k bulbs into my lowbeams.This may be a really dumb question but i just need some clarification which one is brighter, just the bulb replacement or the 55w kit?

55w will be brighter, but it's a little more work to install, since the stock HID setup is a 35w kit.

yea ur gunna need a new kit if you wanna go with 55w

IMO, 35w is good enough. The reason why the output sucks is cuz we have bad projectors

does any one have a link to a pictured guide on how to take the bumper off? ive googled/youtubed and just cant seem to find anything. I tried taking my bumper off for 2 hours tonight but just couldnt figure it out, I was babying it just because I didnt want to crack anything (still less than a year old for me) but I cant figure out why it still would be difficult. Maybe I missed a bolt or clip some where.

but I just bought 2 6000k 35w kit's for my low and fog lights and looking at all these pictures, dieing to get them in

Hey Steve or anyone actually about the housing in the foglights. I bent it and after awhile it cracked off. However, I cant get it out because the hole is too small to fit it through. Am I supposed to bend it somehow to get it out? Im doing this from under car and basically just wanna figure out how to get that housing out.

Thanks

I actually took them off on purpose. Your best bet since they are made out of a soft metal, is to get a skinny (emphases on skinny) set of long needle nose pliers. There are three sheets of the soft metal in the housing. Start with the innermost sheet, bend it with the needle nose. Then the next and so on. You will be able to bend the metal till it fits out of the opening.

i basically just bent the crap out of the housings until they came out of the hole.. that sounds bad. (spin)

lol me too^

Also trying to figure out how to aim the fogs higher because they are really low

Last edited:
I have a question. Anyone feel free to help me out and answer :D

I've been wanting to get HID Fogs so here is the situation at hand, Will this set up match in color and output?:

Stock System w DDM D2S Replacement Bulbs 5000K
&
35W HID Kit Slim Ballast 5000K.

Thanks for any help :D

Yeah, it'll look awesome. 5000k might be close to the stock temp, so your low beams might not look much different, but your fogs will.

I also wanted to mention that my drivers side bulb is dead, I think the bulb itself might be damaged, so I am going to order another set of bulbs ($15) from DDM. If you read their warranty, you have to pay a $15 surcharge, so I think it's smarter just to do them and have an extra bulb should this thing happen again.

Yeah, it'll look awesome. 5000k might be close to the stock temp, so your low beams might not look much different, but your fogs will.

I also wanted to mention that my drivers side bulb is dead, I think the bulb itself might be damaged, so I am going to order another set of bulbs ($15) from DDM. If you read their warranty, you have to pay a $15 surcharge, so I think it's smarter just to do them and have an extra bulb should this thing happen again.

ok cool just wanted to make sure they would match even though one is the stock 35W system and one is DDM 35W

Hey steve did you happen to create a how-to with pics attached for us who worry every ten seconds that they did something wrong and their car is going to blow up the second they turn it on (ugh) ?

Does anyone know if the HID's can be aimed left/right or up/down like the stock halogen bulbs. I read somewhere that HID's couldn't be tweaked. I'm asking because my lights look like the projection is somewhat off. (My 2005 6 has 6000k HID's on low beams.)

Hey I know I remember a few people saying 55w hid fogs would melt the housing. Is this true cause I was thinking bout getting 55w but maybe i should play it safe and get the 35w.

Thanks

I heard the same thing, but with regular low beams. My 6000k HID's had some brown in them after a couple of weeks. (I got scarred) So, I took the HID bulb out and saw that it was the bulb that had burnt inside, not the housing.
35w HID is what I swapped out for 55w stock halogen. should run cooler

I didn't do a very in depth how-to regarding this, since it had been done before. I know there's one in the how-to section, but I don't believe it details how to remove the bumper and take the fogs out.

As for adjustment, on the MS6, we have a 3-position motor that is controlled inside the car, not sure if the US built 6s have that. I don't think you can adjust any headlamps left or right, just up and down. There should be the typical mounting screw on the top of the headlight housing to adjust. Just park in front of a wall or garage door and adjust until you're happy. Keep in mind they will come pre-aimed with the drivers side slightly lower than the pass. side.

Back