DDM 6000K bulb replacement

TunerSteve enjoy the setup. Here are some crappy pics from my cell. I'll get some better one's shortly.

Attachments

• Photo061.jpg
    Photo061.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 289
  • Photo059.jpg
    Photo059.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 284
Got the bulbs and ballasts in last night. Car is back from the shop and is running strong. These are going in tonight when I get out of work. I plan on updating with pics to follow.

nice

cant wait

Just got done, really looks good. One big problem, the fog light bulbs are too shallow to get in correctly. I had to actually get the reflectors out of the fog lights because they wouldn't fit. I will most likely buy a new set of fog lights to fix this down the road. Everything matches, and I found a solid spot to mount them, but put things back together to get it driveable tonight. Pics will be coming soon.

Just got done, really looks good. One big problem, the fog light bulbs are too shallow to get in correctly. I had to actually get the reflectors out of the fog lights because they wouldn't fit. I will most likely buy a new set of fog lights to fix this down the road. Everything matches, and I found a solid spot to mount them, but put things back together to get it driveable tonight. Pics will be coming soon.

yea, i heard that we would need to remove the reflectors but never thought that it would be needed. Really hoping to see how the fogs came out. Hopefully you'll get some pics up soon.

thanks Steve

Ran with them last night, much better peripheral vision at night, and not blinding to anyone. I was out last night so I didn't get a chance to take a picture. I have one on my phone that I'll upload later so you can see the view.

just so I'm clear on this, the bulbs were too long to fit in the housings unless you pulled out the reflectors? Just want to know what I'm up against, thanks

just so I'm clear on this, the bulbs were too long to fit in the housings unless you pulled out the reflectors? Just want to know what I'm up against, thanks

Yep. The H11 HIDs are about 1/2" longer than the halogen bulbs, and hit the reflector inside. You can either break them and remove them by bending them (what I did), or you can take the fog lights and put them in the oven, split them, and unscrew the deflector from the housing.

Looks real nice! Are you gonna do the high beams any time also? I'm thinking about doing those to my fogs too but the only thing I'm iffy about is that you said that the bulbs are a bit long.

Back