DDM 6000K bulb replacement

Nope, low beams are D2S on the MS6, since we have HIDs from the factory. That's your problem.

I had to buy a set of replacement bulbs because I got HID Fogs for XMAS (9006 bulbs) but received H1 bulbs... boo that. But they are all installed now, just need to sell off the H1s

I installed my 6000k D2Ss and my 35w 6000k Apexcone fogs today to match my 6000k parking lights that I got from V-LEDs last week.

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

Simply put, this is possibly the best $65 I've spent on my car so far. First of all, I'm so glad that the temperature of all the lights up front finally match. The color is slightly bluer than stock, but still easy on the eyes. The output of the low beams may be a bit lower than stock, but whatever was lost by going to 6000k was more than made up by the fogs.

The light thrown by the fogs is, hands down, PHENOMENAL. I was worried that it may be too bright, so I looked for some oncoming drivers to piss off. After passing a few dozen cars (plus one of Cumberland County's finest parked on the side of the road), I am pleased to report that nobody flashed their lights at me, so it seems that I'm okay.

Installation of everything was a bit of a b**** and my hands are a bit scratched and bruised, but it was well worth it.

-Jay

alright so i ordered the D2S Bulbs and they were supposed to be here last friday but UPS decided to "mis-sort" the package when it was in the next town over and sent it to Pennsylvania, then to Ohio, and now its on its way back here to TX, won't be here til Wednesday... UGHHHHH!!!!

alright so i ordered the D2S Bulbs and they were supposed to be here last friday but UPS decided to "mis-sort" the package when it was in the next town over and sent it to Pennsylvania, then to Ohio, and now its on its way back here to TX, won't be here til Wednesday... UGHHHHH!!!!

I paid the extra dollar and-a-half to get USPS Priority.

FedEx>USPS>UPS

looking into getting the 35w 6000k kit for the fogs but i also want to put 6000k in the low beams...would putting 55w bulbs in the low beams make up for the difference in usable light or is it not really needed?

also if i do want to put 55w in the lows would i need to then buy 2 raptor kits?

any help is appreciated

looking into getting the 35w 6000k kit for the fogs but i also want to put 6000k in the low beams...would putting 55w bulbs in the low beams make up for the difference in usable light or is it not really needed?

also if i do want to put 55w in the lows would i need to then buy 2 raptor kits?

any help is appreciated

The full kits come with two bulbs and two ballasts, so if you're looking to replace both low beams and fogs, you'll need to purchase two kits.

I will reiterate that I am very pleased with my output as is: 6000K replacement D2S bulbs in the lows, 35w 6000K HID kit in the fogs. I think the light output is more that sufficient, and that a 55 kit would be overkill.

-Jay

for the guys that bought kits from both lowbeams and fogs.... did you get H1's for the lowbeams? i think i read on another forum that ppl use H1's for the lowbeam kit.

for the guys that bought kits from both lowbeams and fogs.... did you get H1's for the lowbeams? i think i read on another forum that ppl use H1's for the lowbeam kit.

Unless some MS6's don't come with HID's from the factory then yes. But if no, then you need to order D2S bulbs for the low beam.

Last edited:
thanx for the reply. yeah i meant a whole new kit for the lowbeams. i figured i might as well go big or go home on the lighting. doesn't cost that much more.

Back