New Steering Wheel Cover

If you're up for a frustrating process but ultimately rewarding finished product, try the Autoexe buckskin (feels like suede/Alcantara) steering wheel wrap. It's a bit pricey but it is of high quality. Took me a good 4+ hours in total to get this sucker on the way I wanted it but I'm a bit anal when it comes to stuff like this.

Autoexe also makes a regular leather version as well if suede is not your thing.

If you're up for a frustrating process but ultimately rewarding finished product, try the Autoexe buckskin (feels like suede/Alcantara) steering wheel wrap. It's a bit pricey but it is of high quality. Took me a good 4+ hours in total to get this sucker on the way I wanted it but I'm a bit anal when it comes to stuff like this.

Autoexe also makes a regular leather version as well if suede is not your thing.

Do you have any pics? I've been pondering doing this myself.

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

that looks amazing. you could also get a wheelskin leather cover. they run about $40ish and take an hour to put on, but that autoexe one is tits.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Believe me though, the install is painstaking and requires a fair bit of time if you want good results. You have to hand stitch it on (I barely passed sewing class in highschool!). I also had to trim a bit of material off the Autoexe cover in order to get that nice even outline on the centre spoke buttons. As you can see, I totally lucked out on that part.

The best way to put this thing on is if you actually physically removed the steering wheel and take out the airbag and steering wheel controls. That way, all the excess material can be tucked away neatly inside the spokes and you slap the airbag cover back on to give it a nice, practically OEM fit.

My 07 steering wheel got worn down and started to peel back where the leather pieces meet and I had the dealer install a new one under warranty.

I put on the leather one that snaps on. Took a few minutes. It has to be stretched so it is real tight when you are done.

Back