So I drove the CX-9 and the 2010 lexus RX350 1 hour apart

jason_jm

:
Mazda CX-9
both AWD, both fully loaded.....

you know what the amazing thing was? how damn noisy the lexus engine /exhaust is, especially on acceleration off standstill......
I thought I was driving a subaru WRX or something.

Nevermind the stupid new joystick nav system on the lexus (not that the mazda has good nav, but at least on the mazda for all that spare change first thing I would do is put in top of line kenwood nav system)

So to summarize will I buy the CX-9 - maybe, just tryna work out what I have to rip out of the grand touring AWD to make it sweet, so far I am at the nav system, and a couple of the speakers, amp and sub.

will I get the new lexus? no.

ripping out nothing

the cx9 nav system is not nearly as bad as everyone was making out (its not awesome but its OK). I just added a garmin nuvi 1690 to the car for high tech override when its needed, like traffic, google listings, or routing for complicated and long routes.

and the sound system is great, best factory sound system I have ever heard (and my lexus had a $4000 mark levinson thing, the mazda cx-9 system kills it)

my cx-9 is really cool, prefer it to both the lexus RX and BMW X5 I have owned previously.

I dont really like the look of the cx-9 wheels but im replacing those.

Latest posts

Back