Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
Faulty fuel injector
Burned exhaust valve
Faulty catalytic converter(s)
Running out of fuel
Poor compression
Defective computer

-----------------------

I didnt notice any change in driveability, car was not harder to start or anything like that. Tank was full to the top of gas. Im leaning towards a dirty EGR, or Cat. Plugs are about 5000Miles old, and are NGK Iridium step colder.

Any other ideas?

did you even figure out that massive knock issue? or is this part of it?

I didnt have a massive knock... it happened one time so far. I cleared the CEL and will check what happens on the way home tonight.

Ok, well there are no symptoms on the car other then the CEL. I didnt push it tho. Maybe i will boost a little on the way home. see what happens.

P.S
AFRs are all normal. 14s at cruse... there was nothing else i noticed.

i had the same issue before , replaced a bunch of parts and ended up that cleaning the egr fixed it.

I would think the coilpacks too, I've seen the car and its not in bad shape aside from the cracked ex mani. A dirty EGR will cause bogging and a noticeable difference in drivability

i did the coil packs, plugs, plug wires, o2, maf and it ended up being a dirty egr. how is the vacuum?

Unfortunatly my boost gauge is out of the car. and wont get back in for a few weeks. It was defective, and had to be sent back to get replaced. Ill start with EGR, and see what happens. I cleared the CEL last night, and it didnt come back on today... if that tells you anything.

it has been raining here a lot in the last few days, and I know my G/F's car had a problem that whenever it rained it would bog like mad and throw CELs left and right which was caused by a bad ignition system. But I think it was the wires not the coil packs in her case

it has been raining here a lot in the last few days, and I know my G/F's car had a problem that whenever it rained it would bog like mad and throw CELs left and right which was caused by a bad ignition system. But I think it was the wires not the coil packs in her case

I guess i will look into a Coil pack.

you can pull the wire off the plug while running (be careful not to get zapped) and see if the are firing. i am just saying i had the same issues and everyone kept telling me coil packs and wires. they are definitly easier to try and start with though.

I know on mine, my CEL was due to me not plugging the hole next to where I took out the butterflies on the IM...it threw a cylinder one misfire due to the air getting sucked in there...was rough idle...just took it off and resealed it...

Is there anything i can do to narrow this down? The driving is getting a little worse every time. Seems like more vibrations then normal. The CEL didnt come back on yet tho. My AFR are still the same, and i dont notice any loss in performance.

Back