new to me p5, some issues

I can help you with your first question, do you plan to install pads/rotors yourself? I just did all four corners on mine and did EBC Ultimax slotted front rotors, non-slotted rear rotors w/ EBC Ultimax Pads all around. Substantial improvement from the stockers I had on there. And I don't remember where I picked them up from, but they were under $250 for everything. Obviously if you pay for labor, expect more.

I'm sure more guys will chime in, but thats what I recommend b/c thats what I use.

1. I'd recommend cheap rotors from a local auto store or RockAuto.com.

Value Products makes OEM quality pads (it's Mazda "value" line-up) for about half the price of OEM. You can get them from your local dealership.

2. That panel needs to be pulled back a bit and put into its slot. I think you can do it without having to remove the screws for the whole center panel. You should inspect the center panel to make sure nothing is broken.

Last edited:
I put hawk HPS brake pads up front and performance semi-metallic in back, and just any oem rotor is good(mine were 25CDN a piece)

im thinking about getting NAPA rotors and seeing what kind of pads I can get from the dealership so i don't have to wait for shipping.

i am installing them myself, ive done it before on other cars.

im thinking about getting NAPA rotors and seeing what kind of pads I can get from the dealership so i don't have to wait for shipping.

i am installing them myself, ive done it before on other cars.

I had my stuff in just a few days. They shipped really quick. The Brembo rotors are on sale BTW.

Back