Lean Idle

If you're getting a lean code every 6 months, don't worry about it. Did you have a wideband on the car before the relocated MAF?

I get that problem when I make my BOV very soft.....if I make it harder my idle doesn't dip. I am guessing there is some significant air leak from the BOV with all the vacuum at idle and that messes with the idle since the MAF is relocated and the BOV is not recirculated....it sounds like you are getting a loss or gain of air that can't be compensated for in time to keep the idle steady....

I would start with cleaning my MAF. Not sure how to clean a blow through though. The stock one is cleaned by spraying the pin inside with MAF- or electrical cleaner 2-3 times with approx 5 minutes intervals, just don't spray too hard or you may damage the pin.

On blow through I guess you can clean it by spraying into the holes leading into the "sensor area", but I'll let other chime in here.

btw: Are you absolutely certain that your EMS are calibrated correctly to fit your MAF?

You say in your first post that you have a blow through MAF (vs the stock draw trough *I think it's called* MAF.) Aftermarket MAF's will probably not have the same voltage levels as the stock MAF.

Next thing I would check if you haven't already is the fuel pump, fuel filter and injectors.

how do you check the fuel pump and injectors? or do you just have to replace them? also can the stock ecu run a walbro? i'm also getting this code...need to check primary o2 first..

correct me if im wrong but the car at first start runs in closed loop off of preset maps until the 02 warms up and then it switches to open loop....therefore the talk of it being a sensor is not right

how do you check the fuel pump and injectors? or do you just have to replace them? also can the stock ecu run a walbro? i'm also getting this code...need to check primary o2 first..

I don't have this problem myself, I'm out of ideas after fuel pressure. You can check the fuel pump by a Fuel Pressure gauge, or simply replace it. I'm pretty sure that the stock ECU can run the 255, but don't take my word for it, search for info on this forum. I would definitely start with the fuel filter myself though.
Maybe someone else can tell us how to clean the injectors - I would have them professionally cleaned and tested.

correct me if im wrong but the car at first start runs in closed loop off of preset maps until the 02 warms up and then it switches to open loop....therefore the talk of it being a sensor is not right

Good point, except I think closed loop is when the O2 sensor is activated. I also though that even in open loop the ECU uses the sensors that works temperature independent, but I might be wrong. As long as we don't know if this happens only when the car is warmed up or not I don't think it tells us anything though. <- This I'm curious to find out myself!

I hope I don't get this code in my MSP now more than ever, it seems troublesome.

mine also stays at 16-19...and idles at 700rpms (as per AFC's monitoring)

it had nevered bothered me, i thought this was the way it was supposed to be....

Back