Possible Vacuum leak..

03MSProtege

Banned
:
03.5 MSP
go to start the car up, and well my rpms are fluctuating either between 1500 and 2000 or between 2000 and 2500.... depending if its cold or not. guessing i got a vacuum leak or something of this sort. and when i press clutch in it goes away

The rpm's will be high when you first start up a cold engine. then settle down when it gets to operating temperature. i assume you do not have a boost gauge. look under the hood for any possible leaks and listen for any. and get a boost gauge.

i do have a boost gauge its crappy. i got a new one on order. but my RPMs keep reving on its own in nuetral from 1500 to 2000. and when the clutch is fully to the floor or engaged it wont do it.

TODAY well when i was sitting in nuetral with car off. i pushed my clutch in and a squeaking noise happened. and well i think my Throw Out Bearing (carrier bearing is gone) or getting ready to go bye bye

common problem with the msp..either recheck the egr valve (get the canadian egr for the msp they have a lifetime warranty) or check the speed sensor plug in for the tranny

i wasn't the last owner of this car but he just bought it from the guy that bought it from me ...that egr should be clean...but if not it doesn't hurt to try...i ******* scraped my knuckle so bad getting those damn bolts off..it's such a tight fit..

Back